Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Friday, July 14, 2006

Wild Goose Chase

Wild Goose Chase

It was 11 in the morning when I woke up because of the beckonings of my father. Our classes (or orientation) starts at 2:30 PM.

"I mustn't be late." I told myself.

After eating breakfast, I took the time and enjoyed playing a little Ragnarok Online and some O2 Jam. I was to take lunch at our store, but circumstances compelled me to eat at home...

I proceeded to GUM & MUG. Suddenly, someone came from behind and grabbed hold of the side car. My heart pounded ferociously. A holdup!

The side car driver scolded the prankster. I was still in a state of shock so I listened to my iPod. Was the person following us? Guess not. What a hoax!

I arrived at our store 8 minutes and 36 seconds after. My 'second lunch' was in front of me. Xiao Lum Pao, my favorite chinese dimsum! All right!

We headed to the LRT station munches after...

Zoom! Off to La Salle. I looked at my watch. I was almost late. I thought of riding a jeepney from Quirino to Andrew; however, there was no jeep to be found... Briskwalking time...

I met Raisa at the queue in front of the elevator. We chatted. I wondered why she wasn't in a hurry. My question was answered when I saw the time - 10 minutes 'till class. She told me that our orientation would only take 10 minutes.

"What?!"
"Oo nga e. Tapos late yung orientor o..."

How right she was!

While the orientors haven't arrived at the classroom yet, I played "Jack-Palo" with some of my friends (as well as some unfair ones... guess who I am talking aboout...) I terribly regretted not bringing my german-english list of words to class...

Anyway, I saw some blockmates who had already acquired their LSCS IDs already... I wanna get mine too...

The orientors arrived 30 minutes late. After letting us cut (or fill up) some papers, we were dismissed.

Upon entering Gokongwei, I grabbed four (I thought I got only three...) copies of The Lasallian and then went to the ID claiming station. Louise (from Uno batch dunno) was there and she said hi to me. I waited for my ID. It wasn't with her nor her peers. I told them to check once agin. Again, it was nowhere to be found. Waaa...

I went up to my classroom and asked Yna if she had already gotten hold of her ID. She said we would get our IDs after July 17 (depends if we become officers or not). Sheesh, all my futile efforts. A chasing after the wind...

We listened to the report of Group 5...

We were dismissed. I gave Yna a copy of the newspaper and grabbed another one for myself. After meeting with Joy in front of the Student's Nook, I set for our store...

Now a miraculous thing happened. I rushed to the LRT station and was sad that the train doors were already closing and I couldn't enter. After a few seconds, the doors slid open. I took the chance and entered the narrow passageway, and boy I succeded. (If I even paused for a second, I would have been crushed to death by now...)

That was my first time to ride in the backmost compartment of the train. I looked outside and lo beyond... the world beyond human perception... (I didn't know what I had been writing at this point.)

I arrived at GUM & MUG. Uno (while the other schools had) didn't have classes today, as expected of my alma mater! I heard a kid whistling, and in front of him was my turtle. His eyes were feasted at another direction... A white mouse. Pitto! There you are!

I tried to catch him but he was unexpectedly faster than usual. I informed my mom...

I saw Pitto once again and I had him trapped in four directions. He jumped and rushed out for refuge. Not again!

By the time we were about to go home, I took a "cage" (the electric fan's head) and waited for him to come out. I waited and waited but there was no responce from my pet. Sadly we had to go home...

I wasn't able to retrieve back my pet but I was sure glad that he was safe and sound. I believe that Bitto is currently somewhere in our store merrily scampering around and enjoying himself.

I'll definitely get you back, Bitto. Until then!

1 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

*SIGH* solomon...HAHA I dont know what to comment on your post /ho~~ Ermm...Bitto...turtles...LRT...so weird, cant seem to catch up with you. LOL :P NOT VERY NICE TO TRANSFORM A BLOG INTO A DIARY!!! HAHAHAHA joke :P

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home