Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Weltanschauung

Weltanschauung

I felt very excited and at the same time nervous. We had another hands-on exam later; this could be my chance to catch up with Joy (for she had the highest grade in INTRPRG, me placing next to her). This could also be another opportunity to beat him...

I came to class really early today. There was a raging thunderstorm out there; force majeure. My parents advised me to check up the DLSU website to see if we have classes or not. In the end... well... read on...

I arrived at Gokongwei and realized that I forgot to bring bond paper. I quickly bought a sheet from the Warp Zone...

I went to my room upstairs... 306... I was at least 30 minutes early... Thinking ahead, there was an official assembly in MooMedia and LSCS today... Before ALGTRIG classes start, I would entertain my blockmates with loads of spelling, pronunciation, and the like especially now that I had researched on the topics... In INTRICT, we would listen to another report...

The room was gradually being filled with people. I started working on my exercise program, a decimal to binary converter (which I had managed to compile in C). Before I was finished, though, the professor arrived and told us to keep our things; it was time for our exam.

What is this? Number one (aka 2.java) seemingly looked rather simple. I wanted to be the first one to submit my work, but I prevented myself from doing so...

Slowly but surely...

After trying Sample Runs 1 and 2, I noticed that my program displays incorrect information in Sample Run 3. Then again, I browsed through the paper again and found out that Sample Run 3 in the paper was incorrect, not my program. I told the professor. She told the class...

I submitted my work. Marcial was first to submit though...

On to number 2 (aka 3.java). Now this program looked difficult. After carefully analyzing the program, I figured out that it was not as hard as I initially thought of. And so I started...

I submitted my work and was one of the first people to finish the exam(s). I then became a 'student assistant.' Glee!

I really hope I didn't commit any mistakes in our hands on exam... (but it looks like I did, unless that specific number is not considered as a valid input... Hope so...)

I watched my other blockmates as they struggled to find the correct code...

Soon afterwards, the professor came into the room (She went out...) and told us that she had some good and bad news for us...

"Which one would you want to hear first?"
"Good!" "Bad!"

"The good news is that from 11:40 AM onwards, you have no more classes."

Many were shocked. Some were happy. I was dumbstruck. What about LSCS? MooMedia?!

Ms Shirley answered, "Siguro pinostpone na nila yun."

"The bad news is you have to finish your program by 12:00."

That's no bad news, I thought, for I had already finished my work 40 minutes before her announcement...

I volunteered to collect the papers and arrange them...

I wouldn't ever forget what our teacher told me when she was leaving the room...

"Thank you, Solomon!"

Ha ha... She thanked me for the first time.

Anyway, for the first time, I went out with my classmates. There was SM Mall of Asia, Glorietta, Greenbelt, but we ended up taking a jeepney ride to SM Manila (City Hall)...

We first ate lunch at the FoodCourt (Our 7 day consecutive was cut short...), afterwards, many left us and went home... We, the ones who were left, went to Quantum (my invitation, yeehah!) Dance Maniax time!

I bought 10 tokens. The place was jammed. I went to the machine. 12 credits. I placed 8 coins, hopefully for the 4 of us to play at least once...

The machine broke down! Despicable! The people there were also uncivilized. Let me explain what I mean...

Initially, there were 12 credits... We placed 8. That means, a total of 20 credits... We waited... 18, 16, some people placed tokens... 21... 19... It should already be our turn. People continued to play...

I let them play...

Now it should already be our turn. The player(s) insisted that it was still her (their) turn...

Reluctantly, I gave them another chance.

This happened more than twice more.

I was steaming. We had already been waiting for more than an hour. I told her in her face that it was already our turn. She just wouldn't do... Last, she said... last...

Grrrrr... I was really mad. Lou also... My other companions were bored stiff...

We played. 4 games with Lou, then a game myself. (I alledgely placed another token...)

The machine crashed many times...

When we left for home, the escalator broke down. Sheesh, I wonder what in the world was happening today.

I arrived at GUM & MUG and met Nikko there trying on his contact lenses. I told him that I mastered wearing contacts after 2 weeks. He betted me that he can master it within 3 days. We'll see about that...

Anyway, I had my flute lessons at home...

Then another 'thing' came to sight...

Classes Suspended at all Levels
By Lira Dalangin-Fernandez
INQ7.net
Last updated 08:26pm (Mla time) 07/12/2006

CLASSES have been suspended at all levels on Thursday, July 13, in areas affected by typhoon ‘Florita’ on, Malacañang announced Wednesday evening.

However, government offices will be open and government employees are required to report for work.

Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita authorized the suspension of classes on the recommendation of the National Disaster Coordinating Council, Press Secretary Ignacio Bunye said.

Regions where classes have been suspended are the National Capital Region, Cordillera Autonomous Region and Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4.

There were many unbelievers... Anyway, this announcement was officially from INQ7.net, so it must be true enough...

No classes tomorrow! Rejoice!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bitter Chocnut said...

ei man.. forget bout dance mania or whatever its called. o2 jam nalang! haha. just tell me when we're gonna take the guy down. we can hire assassins or something. how bout a ninja?!..
advertisement.. please visit my blog. leave comments too. http://bitterchocnut.blogspot.com

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home