Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Misadventures

Misadventures

I woke up from my slumber because of the upheaval going on outside my room. I managed to catch a few more minutes of sleep... zZzZzZzzz...

I was lying down... waiting for Nicolo to call me saying that he's sorry for not being able to join me late. (It may also be the other way around.) Anyway, I was waiting for his call...

He finally called and said that he'll come over my place. I told him to come after 10 minutes, for I have to prepare for our trip yet...

After the alloted time, he called again and asked if he can already come over by that time. Sure, I told him. This was the beginning of our great expedition.

When he arrived at my house, I showed him the CD I promised to give to Joanie two days before. Geez, why are there a lot of O2 Jammers around?

Nicolo was interested so I let him try playing my account at home. He was playing fine for a first-timer. I could see from his face that he was definitely engrossed with the game...

I thought of giving him a copy of the game; however, the thought that by doing so may make some prople mad kept me from burning him a copy. My suspicions were alleviated when he told him that Nikko was actually inviting [asking] him to join [about the game]. Well... We had to go...

We went to CGC. Nicolo was bored, so he started a word guessing game with me. When the 9:00 mass was over, I asked my junior Uneans how they had been doing in my alma mater. Fine, they say. Then I let them into a little secret. How I would make them SUFFER when I teach for 1 year in Uno... Bwa ha ha ha...

Well, I feel irritated... Imagine, teaching my... er... never mind....

Anyway, if I were to teach computer to the whole high school committee, this would be my lesson plan:

Year One - Macromedia Flash 8 or later
Year Two - HTML and Web Design (Macromedia Dreamweaver)
Year Three - C++ and Visual Basic
Year Four - Java Programming

Ah, for once. No more Microsoft Powerpoint in Year One... I'll make Uneans more technologically advanced, if given the chance.

I would also like to organize a computer club that features lots of activities, contests, and a whole lot more...

After the gospel meeting, I texted Joanie and asker about her whereabouts. She's still at home, and was asking if we could wait for her. I told her that we would go fetch her instead. She agreed. A problem soon arose, as expected...

My father, aunt, and grandmother would be arriving in NAIA at about 3:00 and my mom had to fetch them. Our schedule went haywire (also expected). Anyway, I told my mom to get moving and settle those problems once we fetch Joanie.

12:30 - GUM & MUG. Joanie arrived soon after. I was tending to my rabbits. They (specifically, he, the brown one, Van) were (was) so cute... My turtle was growing a lot faster than expected...

When did I start to speak about my pets. Oh, I see... Ok back...

I wanted to go to SM Mall of Asia. Nicolo doesn't want to, and so does Joanie. There are still a few choices left: SM San Lazaro, SM Manila, and Robinson's Place Ermita. No, exclude Robinson's.

Well, we were dropped off by my mom at SM San Lazaro. We ate lunch (after tedious searching) at KFC. Itadakimasu! Munch munch! Gochisosama!

The brawl between Joanie and Nicolo would officially start in five minutes...

... I thought after seeing a guy (Mr. Cutie, as called by Joanie) showing off his skills at Dance Maniax. I told the two (Joanie and Nicolo) that a person can only be classified as a great player when he or she attains an S-rank in all of the song he or she chooses. How did I say so, well...

I've seen a lot of people spinning around, swaying their butts and stuff in order "to get people's attention" when they're playing. These jerks can often be seen at SM Manila, SM San Lazaro, and many other places. In the end, what rank did they get? C? That's good? My foot! I can do a lot better than you! *grimace*

Was it Nicolo or Joanie whom I played with first? Anyway, I was waiting for Nicolo to shine, and Joanie to show me the 121 combo she was bragging about. The crowd multiplied when we inserted 6 more tokens into the machine. Overall, that was 12 coins! Wow. It's u now who are greedy... Don't blame us. No one placed their tokens inside the machine...

Sigh... If only I had enough money... (Translated, it means: If only my parents would allow me to buy a Dance Maniax arcade machine to place inside our home or store.) I could earn a fortune with that thing. Right, Joanie, Nicolo, Nikko, Shirlina, Stephanie, and the rest? How about 5 pesos only per game? wouldn't that be nice? You won't have to go to SM MegaMall just to play for cheaper prices...

Faceoff! Joanie vs Nicolo! Who won? It was a tie. They both lost in Tubthumping Wild mode! Wa ha ha ha ha!!!

Who's better between the two? Well, you decide for yourselves...

We played another set of matches (the second batch of 6 tokens). This time, I placed some Mild mode songs, which I easily breezed through with my one-hand techniques. Eyes were feasted at me. Ha ha ha~ ~ ~

Well... Other School (Nicolo) decided to play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) next. We agreed. My, I was happy when I found out that the 2 tokens required dropped to one.

We placed 6 tokens inside the machine and played Air Hockey in the meantime...

We went back to DDR. Joanie was entranced with Mr. Cutie's dance moves. Hey Joanie, they lost. They lost!

Nicolo and Joanie was first to play. Nicolo - Beginner. Joanie - Light. The two rocked. The two lost.

Then it was my turn with Nicolo. We played. Solomon - Light. Nicolo - Light. We survived, somehow, but the score was pretty low... I was never good at this somehow... Especially...

Do you know how hard it is to dance with my shoes on. No, not my rubber shoes. My hiking boots. They weigh 2 kilograns each. Imagine how difficult it is to dance with weights strapped on to your feet. Anyway, it's good for foot endurance...

Joanie and my turn. Joanie - Light. Solomon - Light. We played some difficult songs and ended with the Beethoven song which I forgot. We managed, but afterwards, I was (the three of us were) soaked with perspiration. Ahh, good exercise.

My mom told us to go home for Joanie's mom was already worried about Joanie. I bought two Bubble Jugs which were gulped by Joanie and Nicolo. We went to GUM & MUG via tricycle. We talked for a bit there. Afterwards, farewell Joanie. See you later...

Nicolo and I went to our house via side car. Nicolo wants me to burn him a copy, after registering an account and learning how to play for a bit. So, he played, reached level one, and, well, got what he wanted. Practice hard, so you would be able to beat Joanie, Nikko, Shirlina, and of course, me. Let's meet sometime when our schedule is not too tight...

PS. O2 Jammers, my name is Splgum. Feel free to challenge me to a battle anytime. (That is, if you can find me.) I'm still not an expert, though. Nikko still beats me all the time... And Nikko, Shirlina, and the rest, please purchase the song 'The Festival of Ghost 2' in the Music Shop. It only costs 10 EP. It's pretty challenging... Your money would be worth it. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home