Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Monday, July 10, 2006

Petit Monde

Petit Monde

It was another Monday...

Well, we had a practical test in Taekwondo today, and I was pretty nervous about it... Although I had already practiced the Foundation Form 1 many times at home, but I'm still not confident about myself. Well, self-confidence had always been missing in my daily life, unless of course...

I've gotta beat 'him' no matter how hard it takes...

I was still at home. I left at 9:15 AM, not to commit the same mistake again... (Read my post regarding that by clicking here.) On the way, it started to drizzling. A heavy rainstorm soon followed after. Force majeure, I thought. It would be harder to arrive for my PE classes on time from now on.

My mom suggested that after alighting from the LRT station in Quirino Avenue, I could ride in a jeepney immediately so I won't have to walk to school. Hmmm, I'll think about it...

Well, I followed her advice and miraculously arrived on time. I practiced the kickings and forms with my blockmates. Everything seemed to go along smoothly...

Soon it was our (Joy and me) turn. I made a mistake in the 20 step stances, but it was not noticable. After that was the kickings... I accidentally... er... anyway... Overall, our performance was satisfactory.

I've gotta beat 'him' no matter how hard it takes...

After watching all blockmates take their exams, our professor made some final comments, and then dismissed us... The usual thing happened...

"Mon, saan ka kakain?"
"A... di ko pa alam e..."

Well, after a few minutes, when the question arouse again, I decided to answer them frankly...

"Sabay nalang ako sa inyo, ha ha..."

We ate at La Casita (6th time consecutive on school days) at Andrew. I didn't want to order fish because... um... a certain je ne sais quoi... I also ordered a sup of iced tea...

... which was wasted when four-fifths of it spilled onto the table and seeped into the ground. Nooo... what a waste of money...

I couldn't manage with just a few droups of drinks...

I ordered a bottle of mineral water costing me an additional 15 pesos.

When my order (Blue Marlin) came, I was dumbstruck...

That... is... my... order..? 70 pesos for just that and plain rice?! Imagine the fish to be the size of a Nokia 3120. No more, no less. My blockmates joked that the other half of the fish had fallen down to the ground...

I won't order that next time... It's not worth it.

Then there's this cubic puzzle thingy. I was able to solve it when we went up to our classroom...

I entered the classroom. Having an hour and thirty minutes of free time, I decided to start another ruckus inside our classroom. I wrote down...

鼠 牛 虎 兔 龍 蛇 馬 羊 猴 雞 狗 豬

Translated, the characters mean (Left to Right): Rat, Cow, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Chicken, Dog, Pig.

If in case you were wondering, these are the so-called Chinese "zodiac signs" you can hear every Chinese New Year. "It's the Year of the ___! 恭喜發財!"

After that, though, I decided to move on to language proficiency. I taught some of my blockmates French and Chinese, and when a blockmate asked me how many languages I know, even for a little, I answered her...

"Uh, about 10..."

I wasn't lying. I know Cantonese, English, Filipino, Fookien, French, Japanese, Mandarin, French, and a few more languages, although some of them I haven't mastered though...

I then decided to make a survey. (Okay, here's the results, blockmates!) I asked them to pronounce certain words written on the board...

Say the following aloud:

  1. Graham
  2. chassis
  3. petit monde
  4. grandeur
  5. pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
  6. joie de vivre
  7. Thailand
  8. je ne sais quoi
  9. xiang nian
  10. itadakimasu

You may be wondering about numbers nine and ten... The first is Chinese (想念), and the latter is a japanese word, which is nomally uttered before eating...

The fifth word... Try to say it within 3 seconds. Go!

The word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is defined as "a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, mostly found in volcanos". However, the origin of the word has been found to be a hoax... Being one of the longest words in the English dictionary, it is rarely used... Well then, do you want to know the longest word in the English language? (I couldn't say dictionary for the word cannot be found there.)

Er... you may want to skip this part... Anyway, here it is...

Chemical name for the "Tryptophan Synthetase" protein is however, the longest official word ever (1,913 letters) with the formula C1289H2051N343O375S8 And it is spelled:

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalany lalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalany lphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspa rtylprolylglycylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleu cylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspar tylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylser ylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonyliso leucylglutaminylaspfraginylalanylthreonylleucylarginylalanylpheny lalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglutaminylcyste inylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylargin ylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylgl ycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylpheny lalanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalany ltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylva lylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylprolylvalylglu taminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylglutaminylalan ylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucy lphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartyl aspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryl tyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylseryl arginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparag inylarginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucy lvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginylalanylalany lprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucylser ylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucylas partylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycylser ylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhi stidylasparaginylisoleucylglutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethio nylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylp rolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

Count the number of letters if you wish to.

Brrr...

Anyway, I also gave them a few acronyms to translate into Layman's terms.

  1. SOS
  2. ROTC
  3. CWTS

Answer them yourself. Search for the answers after trying.

We had our boring ALGTRIG class and our more interesting INTRICT class. Group 4 was supposed to report, but because of the evalutation teacher and some technical problems, they would report next meeting.

We were dismissed. I called up my mom. I told her that I would go to our store because I need to settle some things with Joanie. I found out that Nikko was there...

Nikko was asking me to buy him 100 e-points for O2 Jam. I bought him five 20 e-points instead, becuase the 100 e-point-top-up card was out of stock. I also decided to buy one for myself so that I could purchase some new songs...

I arrived at GUM & MUG. Nikko was being checked up by my mom, who was an optometrist. I gave the 5 20 e-point cards to Nikko. He paid me. I then gave Dianne's eyeglasses to her for repair. Figured out that Nikko would start wearing contact lenses soon... We chatted...

Joanie came afterward. We talked about school... I told her that I need the two final episodes of Star Ocean EX; she forgot to burn me a copy... Anyway... we talked, joked around, et cetera...

We met once again...

I then told them about the person whom I wanted to beat so bitterly. Think about it. Uneans should know him / her. Guess who's that person? Clue: His / her last name starts with the letter S. Good luck. Post your guesses as comments. Readers, you too. Thanks a lot.

Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess... Guess...

Farewell.

4 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

i hope it's not me??

shirlina?
stephanie?
sherman?
solomon?
stacey?

hmmm....

3:53 PM  
Blogger winterdawn said...

HAY NAKO! Mali lht ng guess nyo! c JERWIN SY ata ung cnsbi nya e HAHAHA pano nmn naging Shirlina or stephanie? e surname ung starting with S e :P >:)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

You mean Johann Sy?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

Nope. Not him...

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home