Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Monday, July 17, 2006

Syzygy

Syzygy

Sigh... It looks like I wasn't able to post again yesterday...

Well anyway, I was in a deep slumber just before Nicolo called up one of our housemaids at home to wake me up. Geez...

I was pretty surprised when Nicolo voluntarily wanted to go to church today; I was even more astonished when Nicolo said Nikko was also going to attend our church meeting...

We were quite late when we arrived at CGC (Christian Gospel Center). Nikko was waiting for us at the fifth floor. The mass commenced...

It was not a common sight to see Nikko and Nicolo continually "insulting" each other all the time. They say they do it every time they meet just for fun. Weird...

After the church meeting ended, I told them about my undecided schedule for today. Well, it was Eric's birthday and he invited me and my mom for lunch. Initially, they thought of returning home, but I was able to turn the table and change their minds when my mom strategically decided to leave the two in Robinson's Place Ermita while we partake on our sumptuous lunches...

Nicolo and Nikko dropped off at Robinson's Place and designated Mercury Drug as our meeting place later on. We went to Emerald Garden...

The moment we arrived, I was pretty amazed and at the same time shocked when I saw my former teachers - Eric had invited them to his party. Oh wow! I never thought about inviting teachers before...

Let's see... There was Mr. Herman Ong, Ms. Anneline Ang, Mr. Joey Villarinte, Mrs. Polly Rivera, 楊老師 (aka Soriano), 吳老師 (aka Baba), and 黃老師 (aka Uling). I also saw some of my former classmated there... Tara, William...

There was also Jamie, Kenneth, Stephanie, and the rest...

I talked with Mr. Ong for a short while...

黃老師跟我說, "阿呀!你為什麼遲到?"
我想回答,但因為時間的關係,我無法做這回事...

You may be wondering what that means...

My Chinese history teacher asked me why I was late...
I wanted to reply, but because of time constraint, I was unable to do so...

Finally, we went back to our car... (And I was hoping to ask Mrs. Rivera about part-time teaching in Uno...)

We went to Robinson's Place and reunited with the two...

(Now... Thomasians... don't be offended... We do this for fun...)

Our group was complete: Atenean, Lasallian, and the other school. Nicolo ought to visit the 99 peso shop; he can only afford to buy the things there. Nikko said that Nicolo would melt if he entered those classy stalls like Lacoste, and continually tells Nicolo...

"Excuse me please..."
"You're such a whore."

He says that was the most common 'insult' in Ateneo...

Eventually, he changed the word 'hore' into two different translations. One for UST, and the other I don't really know...

Well, after visiting AstroVision (looking for Megaman Battle Network 6 original version), National Book Store (shopping for a pRO Lighthalzen installer), Octagon (browsing for television tuners), Data Blitz (viewing original MAGIX Video Edit Pro software), and Nokia (to be hypnotized by all those expensive cell phones), we arrived at G-Box, the one and only amusement center in Robinson's Place Ermita, as well as the home of Dance Maniax First Mix...

I bought 4 tokens for us to play... Eventually, I purchased 6 more.

"Ayaw ko maglaro dito... bubulok ako." Nikko complained.

He played eventually. And really, our skills deteriorated... a bit. We lost once... There are many reasons why:

1. The laser sensors were not functioning at 100% potential.
2. The first and second player screen was attached to each other, unlike in Dance Maniax Second Mix.
3. I hate Dance Maniax First Mix! It had a totally different GUI (graphical user interface).

After waiting some more, we met my mom at The Handyman, anf after claiming the bulky table at Blims, we set for a new exciting journey...

NQ: "Pauwi na tayo diba?"

SL: "Nope. Papunta tayo sa favorite mall ni Atenean."

NQ: "Oh no! Gusto ko na umuwi!"

NT: "Di pwede. Sasama ka!"

NT: "Ay alam mo ba, yung mga blockmates ko, di nila alam yung SM Mall of Asia. May nagtanong nga sa akin e: "

'Bukas na ba yan?'
Huh? Tagal na...
'Ilang beses ka na nakapunta?'
Mga 6 times na.
'OMG!'

SL: Ako nga nung half day lang kami dapat pupunta kami sa SM Mall of Asia e, kaso lang... Anyway, napansin ko na mas common sa kanila ang SM kaysa Robinsons..."

NT: "Yuck!"

NQ: "Yabang!"

NT: "Excuse me please..."

SL: "Pero syempre you can't exclude Glorietta, Greenbelt, et cetera..."

We arrived at SM Mall of Asia Entertainment Mall. My mom volunteered to wait at the car for us. We told her to come with us, but she insisted that we go on without her... Oh well...

We entered Q Power Station...

NT: "Hay salamat, may matinong Dance Maniax na rin."

I loaded my VIP Card with 200 pesos and ended up regretting...

SL: "Marami pa palang natira sa card ko!"

There was a short queue at the machine... We waited, then the first match commenced...

Was it Nicolo and me or Nicolo and Nikko?

Anyway, who cares? The best match would be mine and Nikko's.

When we played, the evil Nikko deceived Nicolo into choosing Quickening Wild mode as a song. We both lost...

When the two of them were playing, I taunted Nicolo...

SL: "Ay, matatalo na si taga-other school..."

NT: "Aba, nagsisimula na rin a."

We played with Nikko... Well, I guess he was practicing too...

We went to TimeZone and I treated them to the Mad Wave Motion Simulator. Woohoo! It was quite expensive, though...

I bought a Lychee Ice at Quickly; Nicolo and Nikko went to Giordano...

We went to Lacoste. The poor person from the other school was raving about Nikko's 'counterfeit' Lacoste shirt...

NT: "Excuse me please..."

Then we saw Nikko's shirt...

NT: "Yan yun sa akin o!"

NQ: "O sukat mo. Fake yun sa 'yo! Minighty bond mo lang yung crocodile."

NT: "Excuse me please. Nakakahiya ka. At di tumunog yung alarm, kaya original ito."

SL: "Sasabihin ng tao magnanakaw ka. He he!"

We looked for the 'zippered clothing,' but was unable to find one...

We returned to Q Power Station and played our final few games of Dance Maniax. Rank S!

Would you look at the time. It was late already, and my mom was telling me to return as soon as possible.

That was my eighth time to visit SM Mall of Asia...

We drove home...

After a series of school jokes and Nicolo puns, we arrived at Nicolo's place.
Goodbye Nicolo...

Nikko went to my house... After eating dinner, he downloaded and installed Google Earth onto my workstation, and after showing me the different notable locations in Metro Manila, he said farewell and left for home...

See you soon, I hope.

PS. Afterwards, my mom went to Eric's place and delivered the table we bought for him... Hope he appreciates it! Homework coming up!

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

Eric Cu? Nikko's arch enemy? HOY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY OTHER SCHOOL?! Hahaha joke....how's Mr. Ong doing?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home