Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Scintillation

Scintillation

Anyone ever noticed how weird my blog titles are? Well...

My post today hopes eradicate all those sceptic typecasts you may (or may not) have made about my blog...

Firstly, I plan to keep this post short by using bulleted lists instead of those circumloquacious paragraphs to decribe what happened today.

Well, let me start...

I woke up and was driven by my mom today to La Salle. Since we had an exam in INTRPRG today, I felt quite nervous... The test will occupy 20% of our final grade... Separated into two parts... One today... One on Thursday...

There I go again... Oh well...


  • I was almost late today because of my mom; I was just in time for my exam...
  • Our INTRPRG exam (Part One) consisted of 4 numbers... Number 1 and 2 was about flowcharting... 1 - Fibonacci Sequence... 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34

Guess I'll insert a paragraph at this point... When I was in fourth year high school, our computer teacher gave us an extra work... If anyone could submit to him a C program of the Fibonacci Sequence (from 1 to 20), he'll give him or her the higest possible score in that particular grading period.

Well, I was the first (maybe even the only one) to submit my work to my teacher... Here's my program...

#include
main()
{
int i;
int f[7];
f[0]=1;
f[1]=1;
printf("These are the elements of the Fibonacci sequence from the numbers 1 to 20: \n");
for(i=2;i<=6;i+=1)
{
f[i]=f[i-1]+f[i-2];
}
for(i=0;i<=6;i+=1)
{
printf("The %d element",i+1);
printf(" is %d. \n",f[i]);
}
}

Mr. V asked me if I used arrays... Yes, I told him... Guess there were more solutions to this program...

Well, a few weeks ago, I was practicing Java programming at home. With nothing in mind, I decided to convert this C program into Java code. Unfortunately, I was unable to do so...

The moment I saw Number 1, I was struck with a sudden tinge of fear. Uh oh...

"I've practiced this before... I've done this before in C... It shouldn't be difficult..."

Unfortunately, our professor didn't teach us about arrays yet, so I tried to think of another formula...

It wasn't as difficult as I thought, well... It was pretty challenging for a fact, that was why I did all the other numbers first before moving to this one...

My program, when converted to Java code, looks like this...

public class Fibonacci
{
public static void main (String[] args)
{
int N1 = 1, N2 = 1;
System.out.print (N1 + " " + N2 + " ");
while (N1 != 34)
{
N1 = N1 + N2;
System.out.print (N1 + " ");
if (N1 != 34)
{
N2 = N1 + N2;
System.out.print (N2 + " ");
}
}
}
}

Screen output: 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34

Sigh... this is turning out to be a long post again...

  • Number 3 was the only programming problem in our quiz. It looked rather easy, but it caused me and many of my blockmates a lot of trouble...
  • Number 4 was tracing. Acceptable enough...

Lunchtime...

  • I invited my friends to Yuchengco Hall first to get our MooMedia Track Cards, but Ms. Cell Phone Addict was demanding enough to send us to the ranks of La Casita in Andrew Hall.
  • I ordered Sisig with Egg (like what I ordered yesterday) and a cup of iced tea.
  • The service of La Casita today was remarkably fast; the queue was quite the cause of upheaval though.
  • I met Shirlina and Joyce for the second time at the exact place where they were seated yesterday. Rominick came into the scene afterwards.
  • We did our ALGTRIG homeworks.

ALGTRIG class...

  • Nothing commendable... as a matter of fact...

SCIENVB class...

  • We listened to the report of the last group.
  • Philip was so funny. He had to take over three (or was it four - Tricycle Driver, Teacher, Doctor, Reporter) roles... Impressive job!
  • We evaluated our group members.

Dismissal time...

  • We went to Yuchengco Lobby and got our track cards for MooMedia.
  • I was sure glad that I got into the Media Productions committee! I slept at 5:00 AM the day when I was working on my submission.
  • I went to the LRT Station and rode the train to Bambang.

Inside the train...

  • House of Praise
  • "Hi SM... Bye SM..."
  • Lawton Park and Ride
  • "Hi NBS-A; bye NBS-A. Hi NBS-B; bye NBS-B."
  • Crazy me...

Outside Uno High School...

  • I met Eunice along the way to GUM & MUG - fourth Unean classmate I met today.
  • I saw many friends from Uno...

Speaking of Uno... Every time I see elementary students of Uno...

I may be the reason why they are wearing the uniforms they are wearing today...

Ha ha. Before, Uneans in elementary wore the usual white polo shirt and khaki shorts... Well, my mom (or I) requested that I be allowed to wear long pants because I have skin allergy...

(Understand now, blockmates?)

The school administration permitted me to wear my proposed attire, but it unexpectedly brought about a lot of drawbacks...

  1. Many people mocked and ridiculed me because I looked like a high school repeater.
  2. It took my classmates some time to understand, for a fact, that I was wearing my clothes for a special reason.
  3. Within the span of adaption, I felt left out.

Realizing the problem, the school administration executed some major changes. The next year, the elementary uniform was changed to what it is today - Polo shirt and navy blue pants.

That was the history of Uno High School's Elementary uniform revamp.

At GUM & MUG...

  • I tended my rabbits.
  • I provoked my father's pet snake.
  • I observed my pet turtle as he merrily waded his feet along the crystal clear waters.
  • I played the piano.

On the way home...

  • I slept the whole journey.

Evening...

  • I ate dinner.
  • I went to my resident hair salon and had a haircut.
  • I worked on my blog.

Presently...

  • Time to say goodbye!

Hope you've enjoyed reading today's post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home