Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Monday, February 19, 2007

Catalog Catastrophe

Catalog Catastrophe

At last, APPSDAS Mini-Project # 1 had come to pass. The effort, blood, and sweat I've exherted will always be seen in my work, though, and as I gaze upon it, I become nostalgic...

It was time for the LRT - Line 1 Generation 3 trains to go on operation. I was excited and I wanted to ride on one. My first ride was with Lou after we dropped off Yan at Vito Cruz Station after leaving SM Mall of Asia. Presently, my Generation 3 train ride count sums up to 13.

A lot of things also happened at the time interval. After watching Pyro Olympics Denmark-Canada and China-Philippines with Nikko and Yan, I propagated the idea of UniFusions (Uneans meet blockmates of fellow Uneans) to my friends and they seem to be confortable with the idea. The current UniFusion count is 3.

HUTECIN was also quite interesting. Our first major project involved us to make a video critique on 3 cellphones / music players. With my (developing) video editing skills and my friends' advertising talents, we were able to make a good presentation. The video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u565A1e4nPs

There came APPSDAS... As I was very well disappointed of a grade of 85% for my first hands-on exam, I exerted extra effort in implementing my E-Catalog program. If you know me, I like to add additional features... so I added and added...

Search still doesn't work. It's already Saturday (deadline is on the following Monday). I worked as hard as I could, and was finally able to search entries. A very unfortunate incident which almost led to an immediate cause of heart attack struck me as I accidentally overwrote the codes I took 2 whole days to come up with, and it's 2:30 in the morning...

What will I do? Realizing that the file I created is unrecoverable (as I had no backup copy), I sighed and almost cried. The time won't be enough. I had to finish it today, before I sleep...

I prayed to God for help. I asked my mom (who just woke up) for encouraging words but what she gave me were the opposite). Sadly, I returned to my workstation and began coding again...

The song "True Courage" played inside my mind and I regained hope as I listened to the lyrics. With rekindled passion for programming, I miraculously finished (for the meantime) my program in an hour. I then went to bed...

The next day, (I'm not sure about this, but) I think I saw Mr. See (long lost brother; Mr. Java) at our tower elevator. I ignored him because I wasn't sure if it was really him, but very short hair... short beird... "sloppy" movements... cranky voice... hmmm...

I edited my codes and added the New and Print functions that afternoon.

The next day, which is today, I submitted my work. Mini-MP # 1: Complete!

Mini-MP # 2: On progress... Philip, prepare yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home