Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Reunited

Reunited

Written from Tuesday's point of view, this post is an attempt of mine to shorten/summarize the events and happenings that occured on Tuesday with the use of evocative descriptions and euphemisms. View the pictures taken at my Multiply (currently offline at the moment)!

Speaking of pictures, my digicam betrayed me again, this time, all pictures before the skating session (Hey wait, I'm not discussing that yet!) had been corrupted and erased by my [sleek and cool - for other people, especially those nouveau riche; worn-out and distasteful - for me] camera.

I'm glad all my moaning would be over in, let's say, about a week, perhaps, as my aunt would be returning home from Taiwan. With her is my brand new professional-looking 10.1 Megapixel Sony Cybershot™ DSC-N2 Digital Still Camera. I'm so excited that I bought a tripod to complement its features. Till that day...

I woke up early waiting for my mom to drive me to GUM & MUG, our meeting place. Knowing that Steph and the rest had a dislike for latecomers, I got pretty anxious when the clock struck nine and my mother hadn't arrived yet. Not long after, I began to receive call threats from my friends about leaving me behind.

I managed to arrive at my destination but time had already overtook me. Everybody seemed to be grabbing spears to lance me from behind. Feeling innocent (Yes, I am - it was my mom's fault), I went into Lisa's van's (Van!) compartment and took out my Palm Tungsten to do some minor pranks.

I also took a few shots of us along the way (and everything had been erased; visit Nikko's album instead). Upon arrival at SM Mall of Asia, we first bought tickets to the rink; I paid for our locker rentals. Then came Teriyaki Boy.

Some people were kind enough to treat us to some gyoza (Chinese dumplings) and California Maki. Memories were rekindled as we shared about the "brownies" treat. I also took pictures of the area, which sadly had faded with the smoke...

Ice skating. At first I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that we were going to skate for three long hours - it turned out that they weren't kidding. Joanie gave up too easily; it's safe to say that she slipped more than 17 times. Well, practice makes perfect. I slipped because she clung unto me.

Steph moped the area for a consecutive 2 times. Nikko also. Lisa was the professional among us. By this time, I successfully took photos and these photos can be found at Multiply (check above link).

Cafe Breton - I usually hear Nikko mutter about this place for quite some time now. We got a chance to be gourmands at the venue. Nikko's mom was there, as well as his sister. His mom treated us to a great selection of dishes. I found the vanilla shake to be quite fascinating.

We went to Havaianas All Flip Flops because Nikko wanted to buy something which wasn't actually there at that time. We left empty-handed.

Who wouldn't forget about Dance Maniax. As Steph had said, it was dessert. She and I played the first game. Then came next... I also raced with Lisa and played Air Hockey with her because she wouldn't want to partake in our dancing experience. I also managed to accomplish an S rank in DrumMania. Poor Joanie didn't get what she wished for (Dance Dance Revolution). And also, I sucessfully completed Quickening Wild Mode in my duel with Nikko. Hooray!

With hungry stomachs, we walked our way through the audio/computer/electronic shops and made our way to Chef de Angelo, which was fully occupied at the moment. We settled for second best and dined at Shakey's instead.

After dining, we found our way to BreakTalk where we encountered Lisa's parents who drove us home.

Thank you, everyone! It was a fun day.

PS. It looks like everything turned out to be okay after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home