Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Moneygrubbers

Moneygrubbers

I had my first boothmanning session today. It was fun, interesting, and exciting. How's that? Read on to find out...

What's boothmanning anyway? Well, as an officer of LSCS, it is one of my responsibilities to allot some of my time to help operate a booth(s) of the organization. Today was finally my time to shine...

I came in a little late because I thought my boothmanning session was at 9:45 AM. I was shocked when my schedule was set ten minutes earlier. I rushed to the LRT station via pedicab and arrived at my destination soon after.

The first thing we did was to affix some stickers to the Roll the Dice tickets we were selling. I could say that (even though I was late) I did the majority of the work. I expected some of my friends to drop by so that I can sell them something...

We were required to sell at least one ticket per officer. Me, being the ambitious type, set my own standards. I won't be satisfied until I sell at least 10 tickets. Some of my co-officers asked me why I held in my hands so many tickets. "Tinitignan ko lang" was my reply...

I saw Dtiff passing by. I don't know if she intentionally ignored me or she didn't see me at all. I should have sold a ticket to her...

Joy came soon after. I rushed to where she was sitting and saw that she was with Kristine. I convinced them to buy tickets and they did so. Joy even bought a bag. Alright!

2 tickets sold - and more to go. Jerlou soon arrived and I sold one to her. That makes 3...

Being the proactive type, I called Dianne (and Lou) and asked if they would want to buy some tickets. They agreed. 5 tickets sold; 7 pesos lost.

I tried to convince Gelo, James, and Johann, but unfortunately...

Fellow officers commended my marketing techniques.

We ate at La Casita; my boothmanning was successfully completed. I brought 6 additional tickets with me, hoping that I would be able to sell them this day...

Before eating though, I had to rush to Vito Cruz to have our group's (Solomon's Descendants) entity-relationship diagram "acetated." I also had to go to SPS Bookstore to buy a plastic folder for our SOCTEC1 submission.

I slept at 5 AM by the way...

I saw Richard at our school lunchroom. Two days before I saw my former neighbor Christine Enclona, as well as many other Uneans. Austin's face had changed. Anne, Jensen, Shirlina, and the rest haven't changed a bit...

SOCTEC1 class. Lecture room. Nothing interesting. I used the time to complete my ENGLCOM timeline...

ENGLCOM classes - Chavz and I got a 14 in our context clues search activity. I sold some tickets to my blockmates too. Interestingly, I was excited for our DATABAS class.

DATABAS - I never expected Sir Solomon to call me to defend our ER diagram. Because we had an acetate, the professor told our group (representative - me) to recite first, and I was pretty nervous. My group mates also had that vicarious feeling within them.

"Don't be afraid to commit mistakes," our professor said. Everything went smoothly, until we discovered that our 1 page-full ER diagram can be minimized into an eighth of a page. Our project proposals were also in desperate need of correction. We'll do it sometime later...

Class dismissal. I had to muster up all I had to convince Bea and Jamie to buy tickets. That's because Yna wanted them to buy from her...

"Bakit ka naghihirap? May incentive ka bang nakukuha?"
"Wala."

"E bakit mo gusto mabenta lahat?"
"Gusto ko na maubos ang lahat ngayong araw. Kung hindi, malalagot ako..."

"Kanino?"
"Sa sarili ko."

At the LRT station, the two finally realized that my determination to achieve my goal was stagnant and firm. Touched by my perseverance, the two voluntarily approached me to buy my final two tickets (that were for sale). That's it. A total of 10 sold tickets apon my arrival at GUm & MUG, where Joanie was waiting to boast about her new, sleek cell phone.

Remaining ticket left for myself if needed: 027 (any number ending with 7 will do)
Sold tickets: 009, 020, 021, 022, 023, 024, 025, 026, 028, 029
Tickets sold to: Bea, Ces, Jamie, Je, Joy, Lou, Nica, Rai, Tin, Yan

To sum it all up...

LSCS owes me 40 pesos of change; I owe LSCS 400 pesos.
Bea, Ces, Nica, and Jamie owe me 80 pesos each.

1 Comments:

Blogger tiff said...

oh.. sorry... di ko napansin hahaha u should have called me... mabilis rin ako maglakad eh.. dapat hinabol mo na lng ako.. hahahaha

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home