Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Sunday, September 03, 2006

1st Term Break (Part 5)

Memories of My Great

Grandmother

Today started out fine. I went to GUM & MUG to meet with some of my close friends from high school. We were set for a trip of a lifetime!

Shirlina was indeed late. Nikko arrived way before him. He easily became fond of Van, and he took some photos with my pet. Meanwhile, Shirlina was on her way...

The three of us, along with her mom, were happily chatting as we headed for World Trade Center. Text messages "entertained" us and so did jokes.

We arrived soon after and took some photographs of the area. Nikko and Shirlina immediately rushed out to purchase some good books, while I calmly walked around in search for a Java Databases reference book. I found one but it was definitely not of my style; it was not a thick book which looked easy to read.

There had been rumors of Christabelle and Keith roaming around the vicinity. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet them.

Lunchtime was approaching. We initially planned to have our lunches within the realms of World Trade Center, but circumstances forced us to have our lunches outside - into the depths of Blue Wave.

Pizza Hut - we ate a Super Supreme Pizza, Fetuccini Alfredos, drank Tropical Fizzes, and ended up with laughs. Jocke / Robin's got to see this...

On our way home, I suddenly recieved a call from my mom:

"Great Grandma is in the hospital and she couldn't breathe. The doctors are tying to save her. Please pray..."

Immediately my head went blank. Tai-Ma (great grandmother) was one of my most cherished people. I didn't know what to say so I quickly said yes and hung up the phone.

Why are these things happening to me? Just yesterday I heard that my aunt's father-in-law just passed away. My brain was starting to crumble apart...

I was afraid to touch my cell phone. Any minute I may receive that dreaded message. Perhaps not? Shirlina's mom dropped us outside the Reina Regente Tennis Club. After expressing my gratitude, I walked my way to GUM & MUG.

Upon passing by Elan, our school's resident hair salon, my dad called me up informing me of the bad news - my great grandmother just passed away...

The expression on my face didn't change. I continued walking until I finally arrived at our store. Tai-Ma's dead... Am I dreaming?

No, it couldn't be. She just went to Malaysia a few months ago. Last April, she also joined me and Joanie to Baguio. She was so strong...

I remember Nikki joking to me when she saw Tai-Ma without an upper garment last year. We were happily playing Mario Party along with the rest of my nephews. Those memories...

Nooo...

Shirlina was the first one to condole me. My mom wasn't at the store, so I was the supreme ruler that time. I ordered Van to be released from prison, and told my maidservants to bring a cold mango shake and some delectable food in front of me. All things were done in a snap of a finger.

At night, I went to the funeral ceremonies of Tai-Ma. I figured out that the coffin wasn't in it's proper place yet. My mom and company were still in the preservation chamber, and my aunt told me to join her in going there.

For the sake of those people who have hematophobia or any related fears, I will not be posting what happened inside the morgue.

This question bothered me...

You cry for a loved one who just passed away. You miss that person. Why is it that, after a few weeks, those tears are nowhere to be found? You just speak about that person treating him or her like a lost object? Where do your tears go? It's not like you still love the person.

My question would sound stupid to most of you, but if you analyze the question thoughroughly, ever so deeply, the feeling of sorrow may also engulf you.

This is the sad reality of life.

All things change but Jesus never - Yes, only His love is unchanging...

PS. I still have some more things in mind, but since I'm trying to keep my posts as short as possible, those paragraphs had not been included.

4 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

Condolences, Solomon. God will help you with this.

I can relate to the question you posted.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay...yep yep...and i even went to baguio with her...can't still believe that it was the first and last chance of meeting someone as sweet and lovable as your grandmother...condolences mon mon...pati na rin kay auntie..

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solomon, I would like to express my condolences. Be strong during this dark time... Auntie too...

1:51 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

Thanks for everyone's concern. I'm glad people do care.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home