Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Espérer

Espérer

French for "to hope." Guess why I used this word as my title...

Nicolo... Would you join us today?

Joanie, how about you?

No reply from both people...

Oh well... It's their loss...

I went to church this morning. Everything went on as usual... until I saw Kevin...

No, nothing bad happened. I just remember Joanie telling me how she met Kevin on the jeep and bla bla bla bla bla... (Stop it!)

Anyway, we went to Robinson's Place today, and boy, was I tired of that place.

If I were to count the number of times I've been to Robinson's Place Ermita, the number would amount to somewhat near 200. Yes, I'm not kidding. You see, we shop almost every Sunday... Before, it's only a choice between Robinson's Place and SM Manila... Oh well...

But now...

SM Department Stores:
1. SM City Hall (Manila)
2. SM San Lazaro
3. SM Mall of Asia
4. SM MegaMall
5. SM North Edsa
6. SM Makati
7. SM Baguio
8. SM Sta. Mesa (CenterPoint) - Oh, how I hate that place!

Robinson's Department Stores:
1. Robinson's Place Ermita
2. Robinson's Galleria
3. Robinson's Pioneer (Oh, how I hope I could get to explore that area...)

Of course, there's also The Podium, as well as Rockwell Power Plant, Greenbelt, Glorietta, and so much more...

My post is not about malls, so let's just move on...

Well, we ate at Tang City... After that, we went to Data Blitz. I wanted to buy the MAGIX Video Edit Pro 11 which costed 2499 at the moment, unfortunately, I didn't have the money to do so... Next week, perhaps. Anyhow, I went to G-Box and serenaded. I tried a couple of new songs, which are in fact, unavailable in Dance Maniax Second Mix... What do you expect?

Oh yes! I also bought myself a Pokemon EX Holon Phantoms booster pack and I got a rare holographic Latios Delta card, as well as a rare Psychic energy card. (Since when did energy cards become rare?) Anyway, I was an avid card battler in my high school days, so I always buy at least a booster pack per series for my collection. (Yes, I know you don't care.) Anyhow, feel free to challenge me to a card duel. I'll take you on anytime!

My post is not about card collections, so let's just move on...

I wanted my mom to buy a new shirt for me (especially since I left my money at home). Before that, though, we went to AstroVision and I asked the salespeople if Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar (original) was already available. I expected 'no' for an answer. How rigt I was. Within seconds, my eyes were feasted to another game cartridge in display...

Pokemon Chaos Black?!

Is there even such a thing?

I tried playing it, and my conclusion is that... It was fake! It really was...

I was steaming with anger when my father disapproved of my idea of purchasing clothes (especially since my mother told me that my father already agreed to my plan). He said that I already had lots of clothes. 30? I don't think so...

I was mad the whole afternoon. I received my retainers at last. I won't wear them to school.

I was glad that my 5.70 GB download was already completed. (Joanie, because of you my precious disk spaces were wasted! Grrr...)

Well, I had to download an MKV codec just to watch those files. English?!

I played O2 Jam with some of my friends...

8:00 PM. I went to Benavidez to get some helpful hints in ALGTRIG. (Our professor - I couldn't understand what he is talking about...) And I was aiming for a 4.0 in ALGTRIG... Is it still possible? Yes, it is... It's not like I am failing, you know...

When my tutorial classes were about to end, I received a text message from Eloize:

S15,a10shun: NO CLASSES tomorrow. No stir. Aryt?i'll update you if changes occur. Take care and God bless. _.loizee^U^

It took me some time to "decode" the message... I was never good at text lingo. That is why, if you were wondering why I usually text in pure, fluent English... Well, now you know...

No classes tomorrow? How come? I thought the president already announced that there would be classes on Monday... Or so I thought...

I asked my fellow Uneans and blockmates about the matter. No classes, confirmed.

I arrived home. I remembered my sensei telling me that classes were cancelled because of the so called SONA (State of the Nation's Address), but I found a news article which proved that his hypothesis was wrong:

No Classes in Areas

Affected by 'Glenda'

By Lira Dalangin-Fernandez
INQ7.net
Last updated 10:07pm (Mla time) 07/23/2006

(UPDATE) DUE to typhoon ”Glenda” (international name Kaemi), Malacanang has suspended classes at all levels in affected areas, including the National Capital Region (NCR), on Monday, July 24.

Upon the recommendation of the National Disaster Coordinating Council, Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita has authorized the suspension of classes at all levels in the NCR, Pangasinan, Bataan, Zambales, Bulacan, Rizal, and Cavite, according to Press Secretary Ignacio Bunye.

Bunye said work in goverment offices in the NCR was also suspended, except in those offices performing health and protective services.

Yay! Alright! I watched the last episode of Star Ocean EX, and boy, was I really, really disappointed... (to the tone of Mrs. Anastacio)

What's with the ending? What happened afterwards? Oh... Hateful!

Bakit bitin?!

It was also like that in Tales of Eternia... Why didn't the cartoonists place an epilogue of some sort? It makes my mind come up with so many different scenarios... I wish I knew what happened in the end...

Well, I guess that's what anime is known for...

After gulping down my hot and spicy (to the 10th power) noodles, I continued working on this blog... and now, I'm finally finished with it!

See you again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home