Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Monday, July 24, 2006

Coupure

Coupure

French for "power interruption."

No classes today... Gee...

I started my day in a funky beat by summoning hordes of monsters (and killing all those weaklings) in Ragnarok Online. After eating lunch, I started watching Final Fantasy X-2 the movie (that many of my blockmates wanted to borrow from me - Wait a little longer, blockmates...) Unfortunately, my show was interrupted when I finally received a battle invitation from Nikko...

I was surprised to see NIC0L0 (Nicolo) in Thalo Channel 20... We battled... Nikko won... I won... Nicolo never won... *snicker* (You still need a lot of practice, Nicolo.) *kring* A message from Yahoo! Messenger!

Joy asked me some details about the SCIENVB project... (I had been disconnected from my game.) After replying to her message, our battle commenced...

Suddenly, the screen went blank!

Wow, "great" timing for a brownout!

Unfortunately, this brownout turned to be a blackout when electricity didn't reach out homes for more than 15 minutes...

The two of them must have wondered where I went... or maybe there was a power outage at Nicolo's place also... Hmmm... Suspicions, scenarios...

I decided to enhance my Pokemon deck with the powerful cards I had acquired a few weeks ago. I found my deck - it was just inside my drawer. The new cards are at my table. The old cards I needed more than the new ones are missing!

There goes my idea of upgrading my deck...

Well, I had a drawer in my closet which had been locked for more than three months or so. I couldn't find the keys... I figured out that my other deck was stored inside that drawer...

Amidst the dark and eerie clutches of my room (no lights, and it was windy, for there was a typhoon), I tried to sniff out some clues concerning the whereabouts of my coin purse (My wallet was inside the purse.) I arrived at nothing...

My mom called me. I told her about my lost purse... My grandmother heard my call for help...

I realized that I gave her my wallet for safekeeping. Immediately after receiving, my long lost wallet, I made my way to my drawer, and I found these things...

I found my AMC (Australian Mathematics Competition) certificates which I tediously earned in my first to third year of high school.

I found my one hundred 10 peso coin collection (amounting to 1000 pesos).

I found my never-to-be-forgotten Logitech Marble Mouse which served me loyally for 4 years.

I found the freebies I got from last year's Ragnafest held at World Trade Center.

I found the limited edition coins which I had bought sometime last year in our Economics' field trip to Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.

I found my 2000 peso bill (no kidding) I purchased from Banko Central last year in our field trip. In reality, I purchased 5... 2 for my dad, 2 for my aunt, and one for myself...

If you're interested, browse the pictures I posted below (click to enlarge):







Notice that the width is slightly longer than usual.
Well... that's how they made it...
Even I was surprised...

I didn't find the things I were looking for.

I found them inside my magazine drawer...

And so... I updated my deck... (I found my Digimon cards too... Guess they didn't go that well unlike Pokemon trading cards...)

By the time I was about to go to my math review classes, the electricity returned.

And so... we reviewed for my test (initially today). When I was about to go home, he told me something which... gave me split feelings...

"Baka lumakas daw ang ulan bukas a... Titigil yata yung bagyo sa Thursday pa..."

That means... There is a possibility that there would be no classes tomorrow:

Disadvantages:

1. I would not know how well I did in my INTRPRG Hands-On Examinations.
2. I would not have the opportunity of asking Ms. Shirley about our Machine Project.
3. There is a very big possibility that there would be another blackout tomorrow.

Advantages:

If there were no classes tomorrow, I would have more time to do the things I long to do, like watching television, ending Final Fantasy X-2 the movie, making my Machine Project, and lots, lots more...

I'm cutting this post short to give way to some flashing news...

There was a grave misunderstanding that lasted for quite some time... Are there classes tomorrow or not?

My Unean (high school) friends are rejoicing amidst our confusion, but me, my batchmates, and my blockmates managed to dig out some evidence to prove that...

First of all...


Classes Suspended in Metro and
Other Areas Affected by Storm

INQ7.net
Last updated 09:53pm (Mla time) 07/24/2006

CLASSES are suspended in all elementary and high schools in Metro Manila and in other areas affected by public storm signals, including Batanes, Cagayan, Apayao, Ilocos Norte, Ilcoso Sur, Kalinga, Abra, Mt. Province, Benguet, Ifugao, Isabela, La Union, Pangasinan, Zambales, and Bataan, Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita has announced.

Secondly...

No Classes in Metro Manila,
Typhoon-Hit Provinces

The government on Monday night suspended Tuesday's classes in all levels in Metro Manila and typhoon-hit provinces, DZMM reported.

Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita announced that classes in elementary and high school levels are suspended in Metro Manila and the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Apayao, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kalinga, Abra, Mountain Province, Benguet, Ifugao, Isabela, La Union, Pangasinan, Zambales and Bataan.

Meanwhile, the Commission on Higher Education announced that classes in college level are suspended in Metro Manila.

Weather bureau PAGASA said on its 5 p.m. bulletin that strong winds associated with the southwest monsoon enhanced by typhoon Glenda will continue to affect the western seaboard of southern Luzon.

And finally...

I received a text message from Eloize...

Confirmed! Dlsu announcement no classes tom. Brought to you by koko ortuoste, ccs cap. Pls pass.

Alright then, no classes! Hope there won't be any power outages tomorrow...

It sure is windy out here...

3 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

Coupure...SOLOMON!Stop it please!!!! anyway, i was luckier than you were coz i didnt have a blackout.I think this post must be another page of your diary? hehe

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is very nice. haha tnx sa info about ffx-2! haha

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phillip pala to

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home