Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Monday, June 19, 2006

Psyche

Psyche

A typical day of college life...

I woke up and drowsily did all my chores once again. Last night (see my post Impressions), I slept at around 3 AM because of the seven chapter test we will have in INTRICT today. That explains why I feel so sleepy - stress.

I used to sleeping during early hours in the morning. I developed the habit when I had the wonderful task of being the layout editor for our school newsletter and the layout artist of our science club's publication.

Sleeping late at night is bad for your health. (Yeah, I knew that.) This bad habit of mine continued up to a point that my liver got injured. (Ask your doctor for more details.) It affected my heartbeat, my lungs (that often hurt), and well, you get the idea.

Before that though, we (block S-15) weren't sure if we would have PE classes today. I still had to ask a lot of people...

Anyway, I put on my jogging pants and my PE uniform and headed to La Salle via a gospel car (My first aunt, father's side, was a missionary.) I arrived fifteen minutes early. Too early.

I learned from my mistake.

We were taught a 20 step stance and it confused us for the first few times we tried to perform it. It was a combination of punching and blocking, and a lot of footwork. We were also told that we would not have PE classes the next Monday; we would be having classes on Friday instead. Bummer!

I was supposed to go back to GUM & MUG after our classes. Fortunately and unfortunately, I decided to join my friends and go eat with them. My lunch just costed me 90 pesos. My second less than a hundred peso meal, and my first time to eat with my blockmates on Monday. Palatable!

Review...

This INTRICT stuff is getting really irritating... Let me explain.

  1. The topics look so simple that (I think) I don't need to review for the quiz.
  2. Most of these topics I have already studied when we were training for the IT General Quiz Bee contest held at Chiang Kai Shek College last February.
  3. I needed to review or else I would fail.

It was still very early but we headed to our classroom. On the way, we talked about a lot of things. I was dumbfounded when I remembered that we had to fill up a form and submit it today to our class president, and a 1 by 1 photo to boot!

I finished my work as soon as we arrived at our classroom. Thank God I had a photo with me.

Lou approached me and let me hear a song from her phone. It sounded familiar, especially the chorus part. 朋友一生一起走。。。 She said it was her singing. What?! She sounded like a man.

Our professor was late once again. I took the time and reviewed for the exam. Many people borrowed my notes.

"Siguradong dadating yan by 2:45," I heard someone say.

True enough, our professor came. He looked different though. He's wearing more formal clothes than before. What's more, he shaved his head...

"Ano kaya, magpakalbo na rin tayo," I heard another say.

He started, "Please submit..."

Huh, sir, wala kang binigay na assignment."

"... my pasalubong!" He continued.

Soon we realized what he meant.

And so we chorused, "Happy birthday to you!"

He started the lecture. It ended faster than I thought. Oh no! D-Day.

And so we took the test. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't difficult. Don't ask why...

After the test, I joined some of my blockmates (for no particular reason) to SPS(?) and soon after, I returned home.

Some interesting things to note:

  1. Raymond called my attention.
  2. I saw Rominick and he was to watch a presentation (as he have said).
  3. LSCS and MooMedia have already started their annual recruitmant. (Hmmm, should I go for 'it?'

Well, I returned to GUM & MUG and saw many Uneans passing by the street corners. One Unean recognized me and said hello. We talked for some time. At least someone remembers me.

Surprisingly, Joanie entered our store. Long time no see! I asked her if she wanted to visit the school. She agreed.

Before that though, I saw Gian and Phillip walking by a while ago, though they shouldn't have seen me.

We explored our alma mater. We also met Keith, by the way...

I wanted to speak with Mrs. Rivera. She wasn't around. *sigh* Ms. Josie was sitting in her room as always...

Joanie shared with me some interesting facts about her college life... *snicker*

As we were on our way back, Mrs. Rivera walked by. We greeted each other. Joanie told her something she shouldn't have did... retribution.

We returned home.

My post is over.



        0 Comments:

        Post a Comment

        << Home