Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Last Resort

Last Resort

Note: This may not be like my usual posts.

(As I have always said,) Time passes by so quickly... (I can't believe this school year is almost over.*)

* Quote from our computer project in high school first year

It was already June 13.

The Ateneo de Manila University had already started marching forward. I heard some good and bad rumors about today's OrSem. Perhaps because it rained so hard...

Yes, it was also my first time to experience being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

We were dismissed at 3:40 in the afternoon. Drops of rain sipped through the windowpane. It was raining cats and dogs after all.

I called my mom and told her that I wanted her to fetch me up today because of the terrible weather condition. She couldn't; she was still diagnosing a patient.

My mom was an optometrist. She opened up her clinic near my former school (Uno High School) for my travelling convenience. Our store (GUM & MUG) and her clinic (Canaan Vision Center) had already lived for 10 long years. Be part of our legacy. Visit us at 1390, Alvarado Extension, Tondo, Manila. See you there!

Back to my plight - there was a storm raging outside the refuge of Andrew Hall. I was 'fortunate' enough to bring with me my umbrella (which I used for the first time, for it was the first time it rained during dismissal time). My blockmates would go "pasabay" with others, but sailed through the tumultuous seas alone.

Sea? Yes. I was terribly flooded outside the De La Salle University. My sneakers got soaked. What's more? My shoelaces got untied. What luck! I tried to ignore it, and on my way to the South Gate, strong gusts of wind greeted me.

I waited for a taxi cab. No. No one was available. I waited some more. Finally, one stopped in front of me. Abad Santos, I said. The driver refused and went on his way.

Side cars parked at the front gate. One of the drivers asked me where I was headed. Hmm, how much would it cost? I thought to myself. If a taxi fare to our store reaches approximately 100 pesos, how much more a side car's?

"Ma, magkano po sa may Abad Santos?"
"Ha? Saan yun? Malayo ba? Sa may Quezon City?"

What the?! Quezon City? This was my second time to hear a side car driver asking me the whereabouts of Abad Santos street. Gosh! It's one of the most common streets in Metro Manila. How bohemian can you get?

Finally, I was left with no other recourse but to take an LRT trip to Bambang. Still with my shoelaces untied, my shoes wet, and my clothes soaked, I went up the stairs of Vito Cruz station. The guards had mercy on me and didn't bother to check what's inside my bag. Seriously, do they really check what's inside a person's bag? No!

A tricycle drove me to our store, its driver demanding 35 pesos for a change.

I changed clothes so as to prevent myself from getting sick. Denzel was there. I told him to prepare for the biggest surprise in his whole life. Ironically, I was the one shocked when I heard the news that...

Beet! No, why did you die? I figured out that evil Congo was the one behind the plot. I'll avenge you, Beet... Your life would be born anew. Just watch me. (Oh well, at least Van, my favorite rabbit, was still alive and healthy. But still, Beet was the only female rabbit I had...

I showed Clone (Denzel) the CD I burned yesterday (and brought with me to school today). Inside contained the latest state-of-the-art tools that can promote world peace, if handled carefully. (I'm getting out of my mind once again...) Inside contained the installers for Windows Media Player 11 and Microsoft Office Professional 2007! Wow!

Still, I wasn't able to install them today onto my computer at GUM & MUG. Why? Long story. The bottomline is that my system needs to be operating with at least Windows XP Service Pack 2. Bummer. I was excited for this the whole day. I'll just install it to my PC tomorrow, along with many other components which I have been (and are now) downloading today.

Speaking of tomorrow, tomorrow is the date when my father would be arriving at the Philippines after a 3 week long vacation in the States. I'll be saying hello to a new cell phone. And I'll be saying goodbye to my soaked sneakers - I'll receive a new one tomorrow.

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love you, tomorrow. You're always a day away...

Warping back. Today is the last day I could live a life without chores. Today is my last day I could abuse my computer. Today is the last day I could sleep late. Today is the last day I could enjoy a good night's sleep...

The things that happened today:

  • We ate for the first time at Tapa King.
  • I met Rominick on my way home.
  • A violent storm raged, causing many streets to flood.
  • My beloved rabbit passed away.
  • I wasn't excited about tomorrow for the first time.

Better take full advantage of today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home