Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hacker

Hacker

I was woken up by ma dad at 7:30 in the morning. Gosh, it was still so early yet. Today was also my first time to ride a jeepney to La Salle. He accompanied me.

It was just 9 in the morning. I told him I didn't want to go to class yet. My reason is that I would have nothing to do except wander around (until I get lost). He accompanied me to Chowking and we ate our second breakfast there.

Time passes by so quickly. Within a few minutes, it was already 9:45 AM (My watch is fast.) I told him that I wanted to go to class by this time. I'll enter through the Hotel (aka Andrew Hall), I informed him.

Eventually we said goodbye. I went to Gokongwei Hall from Andrew Hall and headed to my classroom...

It was just 9:30 AM. I got a good seat in INTRPRG class today. (I always change seats in INTRPRG.) Our professor gave us our dreaded seatworks. She also called up many prople to the board for recitation. It was scary.

She denied the fact that she was the translator of F4 and 5566. She said the translator was her good twin - she's the evil twin. And as a proof, she'll show to us how evil she really is in our upcoming exam. Brrr...

Classes were dismissed. For the first time ever, we ate at the canteen closest to us (the non-air conditioned one). I didn't imagine that there would be a vast price difference between La Casita and this one. The food was good, and it costed me only 95 pesos (with drinks). It was my first time to eat lunch with my peers spending less than a hundred.

In our ALGTRIG class, we discussed word problems (the topic that most people hated). I loved word problems, especially the consecutive part. We were dismissed 30 minutes early.

With nothing to do, I took out my sketch notebook and drew out a sketch of my blog. I thought of improving the layout but I think that it's still fine by now. A few blockmates noticed that I was wearing different shoes (white instead of black). Well, I was excited to try out my new shoes, so I wore them today.

There came SCIENVB class. I tried to recite as much as I could. We were left with a painstaking homework and a research paper to boot. And so on and so forth...

Alright, PERSEF! Our team was the defending champion - GO PINK TEAM! All of us wore pink and so we got an additional 6 points. It was Johann's birthday today; our professor was disappointed that he didn't cook food for us. We had a lot of games. And *sigh*, some other teams overtook us. The Yellow team was able to catch up, but they still weren't able to overtake us though.

Don't lose hope Pink team, we still have the winning edge. Teamwork!

Here's my favorite poem dedicated to our team:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus - I have shared this before to my teammates in our DLSU CCS Summer Camp 2005, and boy, were they impressed! (http://splgum.blogspot.com/) I'm sharing this once again, and I hope this poem would encourage everyone of us to strive harder.

It was drizzling when I was on my way to the LRT station. Thank goodness it didn't rain so hard (unlike now). When I arrived at GUM & MUG, I visited my rabbits, said hello, and played with them. They are so cute.

I miss Uno High School (the school I graduated from). I see many Uneans passing by our store and it makes me nostalgic. One day, I would visit the school again...

Hello to UHS Batch 2006! If you've read my post, please leave a message at my message board or comment at this post. I miss you all.

I arrived home and I figured out that 'someone' unplugged my PC. When I turned it on, a message popped out, saying that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting. A pirated Windows XP - what more do you expect from those computer stores along Masangkay? The messages irritated me, and I wanted to get rid of them. Finally, thanks to my cracking skills *grimace*, I was able to eliminate those nagware and my PC is as good as new.

Yes, I remember the game wherein people have to write down three statements - two true, one false.

My first statement was that I had tuberculosis when I was still a child. - True
My second statement was that I had a fracture in my nose. - True, but it's not noticable; it already healed by itself.
My third and final statement was that I was feared by my classmates for my hacking skills. - False, I know how to hack, but I don't do it unless I needed to.

That's it folks.

PS. Don't ask me to teach you how to hack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home