Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Neural Complexities

Neural Complexities

My headache is finally gone. I could think normally again. So, I'm going to tell you in advance that I'm going to post twice today. One could be found here, the other at my Friendster blog. Happy viewing.

I was 'blessed' with a balancing broblem since childhood. When I was learning how to walk back then, I needed to wear a special kind of balancing shoes to support my every step. Eventually, I learned how to balance myself perfectly as the years passed.

My parents were concerned because I had occasional headaches. When I was in elementary, my mom brought me someplace to check for any disease that was plaguing me. The doctor there told me to place one foot in front of my other foot, extending my hands with my eyes closed. I had trouble balancing. The doctor told my mom that I needed to be diagnosed.

I was scared and I didn't want to. My mom kept on begging me telling that it was for my own good. I accepted after she agreed to buy me a Pokemon booster pack. (When I look back to the past, I wonder why I was so foolish... Booster packs were so cheap. I could have asked for more expensive things, like a new computer.)

I remember myself seated in a soundproof room. High pitched sounds were played. Beep! I had to determine if the sound came from the right or from the left side of the room. I also remember water being squished into my ears. I felt dizzy afterwards.

After the three-hour physical diagnosis, the doctor found out that I had vertigo, an incurable balancing disorder that can only be prevented. It is caused by the balancing mechanism inside the ears. The doctor gave me a list of daily exercises to perform every morning, but even until today, I never bothered to try any of those exercises.

My headache occurs approximately once every month. If it occurs, my whole day would be ruined. Let me site a few examples.

We had a field trip in our semestrial break in Year Two. A trip to Enchanted Kingdom! Everyone was so excited. My mom wanted to join me. I didn't want her to join because of various reasons. She said that I still couldn't take care of myself. Eventually, I had to comply with her bidding.

I woke up that morning, my head hurted a bit but I ignored it. We went to the bus. I was a bit late, that time, but I brought pizza for my classmates to enjoy. The bus accelerated. Soon after, we were in the amusement park.

Each one fled to his or her group (of friends). We went to ride in the Ferris Wheel, the Log Jump, the Grand Carousel, and many more. A few friends and I waited for the Rio Grande Rapids to open. After waiting for half an hour, we were one of the first people to experience the thrill of a lifetime.

Keith wanted me to accompany him to the Flying Fiesta. We rode 3 consecutive times. Afterwards, my headache worsened.

We went to the Realto with Dianne. In the middle of the simulation, the phone rang. It was my mom. I was very irritated. My headache aggravated. After that ride, I went to my mom and sought for care and attention. Who knows what would happen if she weren't there?

We rode the Rio Grande Rapids once again. This time, I wasn't able to enjoy the ride a lot because my head hurts. After a few more minutes, we were headed back to Manila.

I forgot to mention the video being played in our bus. It was about a cheerleading team trying to win in a contest. I wanted to watch the film but my health just couldn't stand up to it. This calls for the saying: The spirit is willing but the soul is weak. I slept the whole trip.

Usually, after one round of sleep my headache would be healed. I woke up feeling fine again and I asked everyone about the movie. It seems that the protagonists only won second place. I wonder what could have happened?

Because I didn't enjoy the trip to EK, I organized another trip during our last year in Uno. That time, the 4D theater was just recently opened, and everybody, I think, went there and watched the horror film. In our group, it was only Joanie and I who rode the Rio Grande Rapids. The other groups didn't enjoy the 50% discount that we had enjoyed, probably because they weren't able to read my announcement to bring their ids with them. In the end, I was glad that everyone enjoyed the trip. I was glad that my vertigo didn't affect me that day.

Yesterday, I had another headache (as stated in my previous post Vertigo). I could say that I was fortunate enough. That was my first headache in two months. Pain in the neck!

People can also be considered as headaches. I hope you won't consider me as one.

1 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

We'd been friends for four years and I didn't know a thing about your vertigo. I only knew that you had occassional headaches, but I'd never expect it to be vertigo. >.< I'm so sorry for you...
Glad that you enjoyed our trip to the Enchanted Kingdom. Rest well :)

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home