Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mixed Emotions

Mixed Emotions

What a nice day...

Writing blogs had been my hobby since classes started.

I feel bad deep inside if I don't post for even a day; hence, writing blogs had also become a burden to me. A responsibility that I shouldn't just overlook.

I should be studying for my INTRICT test now. Ironically, I'm sitting at my chair writing this entry.

Let me begin.

I woke up at 9 in the morning when my aunt laid my godson beside me. I was still very sleepy that time, and I tried to catch another shut-eye. Unfortunately, given the responsibility to look after my godson and prevent him from toppling over the bed forced me to keep my eyes open.

I gave up.

I alighted from my bed slowly, as to prevent my godson from waking up (for he was also sleeping). I proceeded to my computer chair and sat down. Turning on the computer monitor, I saw that there was a person calling me at Skype. It was my third aunt (father's side; the one who gave me the painstaking task was my fourth aunt). We chatted. She looked for other members of the family. They talked over the internet. Technology is great.

Fortunately, because of the pristine clarity of my Logitech Quickcam Sphere, my aunt who was living in Canada was able to see and hear us with unparalleled quality.

We could also hear her clearly because of my highly-defined Altec Lansing FX6021 speaker system. Even if the volume was just set to one, we could hear my aunt's voice from all over the house. Sheer power. It only eats up 75 watts of electricity.

There I go again, boasting about my gadgets. One thing I can tell you, if there's anything not high-tech about me, it's my cell phone. No doubt.

The usual things - making my bed, brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, and lots more.

I decided to play Ragnarok again. (Players would understand this:) Luckily, I was able to find a person selling a Pipe for only 12M zeny. I bought it without hesitating. I spent the rest of my 18 million on Dead Branches. (I was bored. Burning some money wouldn't hurt.) I summoned a lot of monsters outside towns, and I inderectly annihilated a lot of players. I summoned loads of monsters up to a point that I got killed as well. Thank goodness I already attained the highest base level. (My Job experience decreased though.)

I understand that many of you cannot relate to what I was talking about, so, moving on.

There is a ToyCon held at MegaMall today and tomorrow. I invited a lot of people but I'm not sure if they would be able to join me. I was planning to go there tomorrow, so I had to study for my test in advance, but as I have stated above, why I'm writing this blog instead of reviewing? Beats me.

I organized the files on my computer to prepare it for Windows Vista instalation. It took me a lot of time. 2 hours and 41 minutes (and 16 seconds) to be exact. In the end, a job well done.

I was talking about the darned technician who didn't show up yesterday. I did the procedure myself and successfully accomplished it; however, it wasn't Windows XP Service Pack 2 that was installed; it was Service Pack 1! I need Service Pack 2 to update my PC with the latest Microsoft Office, but I don't have the installer. I ordered my mom to call up the technician. The technician 'promised' to come as early as possible. I was burning up...

What do you expect from computer technicians? He didn't arrive. Oh, I wanted to kill him. Inhale, exhale... No word of honor. Despicable.

I had flute lessons today, and boy, was I improving. I played Ode to Joy successfully and moved on to another song. Canon in D, I suggested. It was tough...

Shirlina started the Canon trend in Uno (or in our group). Afterwards was the Canon Electric Guitar Version by Jerry C and FunTwo. Joanie introduced them to me. *haha* (remembers a funny memory) I showed the video (of FunTwo) to my flute teacher. He was impressed and took out his video camera and recorded the whole song. Then, we returned to Canon Flute version. I checked if there was one available in YouTube. There was none. My teacher told me to record us playing and then upload it to YouTube. After all, it was a site where you had to broadcast yourself. (My, when would I be able to do that?)

One hour passed and we had to say goodbye. My father approached me and showed me a snake trapped inside a large bottle of mineral water. His friend found it inside his store, thinking that it was an aluminum cord. After realizing that it was a snake, he placed it inside a bottle and gave it to my dad. Would that snake eventually become our pet? I'm afraid to ask.

I turned on the piano and played some of my favorite pieces (and some invented pieces). Afterwards, I returned to playing the flute while playing the piano. (The song was already recorded into the piano, I was playing the accompaniment in flute.)

My father told me to rest for a bit. He told me to give him my (his) cell phone. I wondered why...

He brought our his cellphone and exchanged his with mine. Alright! The day had finally come. My first (originally second*) cellphone with a colored LCD. I was happy. If only it had a memory card slot...

* My first colored LCD phone was stolen from me when I was travelling with Nikko in Tutuban. It was really my fault that I got hold-upped. I got angry with him (when I shouldn't had) and parted ways with him. Anyway, long story. Sorry, Nikko...

I was satisfied. At least I got a decent phone. Even though it wasn't eqipeed with high-end technologies, the point is that my cellphone is already part of today's technological progress.

I ate dinner with my family. I played the piano again. I moved on to editing my blog.

Notice that the sidebar has been equipped with a lot more information than ever before. Brought to you only by yours truly.

Suddenly, I had terrible chest pains, and they were aggrevating every second. I explained my situation to my father, even if I knew that I shouldn't have did.

I had to undertake some 'serious' measures...

Well, after walking round the podium for 15 times, I returned to my computer.

The rest is self-explanatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home