Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Welcome Back to School

Welcome Back to School

... or welcome to college

Either way, it seems that summer's ending for most students. Welcome back to school.

I passed by Metropolitan Medical Center (initially named Metropolitan Hospital) a few days ago and I saw some students from Chiang Kai Shek and St. Stephen walking with their so called 'barkada' sharing about their summer experiences. They wanted a longer summer vacation. It seemed that summer was too short for them.

I brightened up a bit when I saw the internet cafe in MMC (Metropolitan Medical Center) bustling in action again. Students crowded the room. Some were chatting with friends, some playing games, particularly Dota (What aspect of the game makes it addicting anyway?). It'll be great to see students doing internet research.

Well, for me, summer's just starting. In fact, I'm glad to have survived a summer vacation with nothing to do but study and study. Now that I'm in college, I don't feel any burden at all (except Monday and Wednesday evenings, because of our INTRPRG assignments).

I'll use five letters to describe what I feel now: E N N U I - which means boredom...

I'm bored! With nothing to do, I've played tons of games, surfed for hundreds of gadgets, and did a lot more than usual. I'll do my homework next...

I guess it's human instinct. When it's summer, students want to go back to school. When school starts, students want to have a vacation. The human mind is really perplexing.

1 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

I must say that is a very weird post.You're in college and yet you're still concerned with what the high school students have to say regarding their "short" summer vacation.One more thing, college is not as boring haha I'm piled up with loads of assignments everyday and yet you said that you're having too much excess time that you didn't know what to do... >.<
Wish you "luck" in your coming assignments /GG (marami ring darating) mwahahaha

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home