Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Friday, June 30, 2006

Prognostications

Prognostications

Yes, I haven't been posting as often as you people think nowadays, for a valid reason...

Well, you see, we had this INTRICT (Introduction to Information and Communications Technology) project and we had to report this Monday. Being the group leader, I couldn't help but feel a responsibility surging up to me. I organized a video shooting last Friday at Portal, the Internet cafe above Yellow Cab near La Salle. We were to take videos and pictures of our blockmates playing their addictive games, namely, Counter Strike, Battle Realms, DotA AllStars, Gunbound, O2 Jam, Ragnarok Online, Warcraft, and a lot more...

Lunchtime arrived, and so we ate at Luto ni Ina. I ordered a Chiksilog. After that, we went back to Portal.

Although, I was late for a few minutes, we managed to achieve our goal, and the finished product can be found here.

If you're too lazy though, the file can be found here:

It took me four hours to fabricate that video, and with my video editing skills and a very familiar melody, walla, a job well done. We're only doing this for INTRICT! (And this is Wazzup! Wazzup! Just Facts.)

The next day, my hopes of holding an organized meeting was shattered as schedules were driven crazy. In the morning, only Veronica was there, but she had to go before lunch. After lunch, we fetched Treisha at Bambang Station, with Aya nowhere to be found. We had a brief discussion of our plans and tactics. Eventually, she had to leave.

Aya never arrived. We could only communicate to her by text messaging.

Sunday, after uploading the files to our INTRICT e-group, and after returning home from Shangri-La Hotel, I coordinated with my groupmates through instant messaging (IM). We ought to finish discussing at least half of our module tomorrow.

The next day, I went through all the trouble by bringing with me my smoke machine, my Altec Lansing 220 speakers (which are no match for my Altec Lansing FX6021), two 'mountains,' and the like to La Salle. After meeting up with Shirlina and her peers, Aya was the first one to arrive at school. She helped me with my things and we left them at the guard.

Lunchtime, Vero arrived. I went down to meet her from the Sports Complex. She brought with her two notebook computers. After uploading the necessary files into her laptop PC, I went to lunch myself, spending the least time and money.

Treisha arrived afterwards and taught us our choreography. We then practiced for quite a while. People were looking at us. What do we care?

We begged to our ALGTRIG professor to have us dismissed early. He didn't mind.

After ALGTRIG classes, I rushed to Gokongwei and set up our props. Most of them (smoke machine and speakers), however, needed to be plugged into an electric socket. I waited for our maid to bring me the things I needed, and then hastily returned to the classroom.

We took a quiz. After that, we had our report. Everything was going on smoothly until our video presentations experienced some technical problems. My head went berserk and my head went blank, forgetting my lines...

It was awful, my groupmates were seemingly mad at me. I promised to make it up. We figured out that we have the option to extend our report until Friday. We did so...

Let's skip Tuesday...

Wednesday, after editing the script and converting the videos into SWF format, we were ready to go for another shot. We restarted back from the very beginning of our report and ended up with an Internet Timeline game / quiz. Group 3 was outstanding and garnered 14 points. The rest got scores of below 10.

Vero pleaded to our professor to share her insights about our report. At first she hesitated, but we managed to squeeze some information from her. She wasn't satisfied with our report, and was expecting a major improvement on Friday...

(Starting here, I'll be more specific...)

Thursday, My father insisted that I ride a jeepney instead of the LRT. Why? What's the use? I have a trauma for jeepneys, not because that I was held up in one, but because for me, jeepneys are much more dangerous than LRT trains, although the two both pose hazards and risks for passengers.

Here are my reasons:

  1. There are far more people in LRT trains than jeepneys. Those marauding incidents ought to occur less than in jeepneys.
  2. An LRT train is usually air-conditioned, so I don't mind standing up for the whole trip. Jeepneys, on the other hand, make you feel constricted. Any time, one would be able to grab a dagger and stab you in any part of your body and then make a grand escapade.
  3. I don't know about this, but I feel that there are more civilized people riding LRT trains than in jeepneys, and so I feel more relazed.
  4. Compare the crime rate in jeepneys and in LRT trains, which one posts a higher risk?

I've heard multitudes of unfortunate events that happened in jeepneys. Why be one of the victims?

To anyone out there who has a right mind, can you knock some sense into my father? He won't listen to me. He won't even listen to my grandma, or my relatives.

It's better to spend more money in transportation than to be an unlikely victim of snatching and kidnapping.

Back to my story, I arrived a few minutes late for my INTRPRG (Introduction to Programming) and was happy to receive my first 100% in that particular subject (Hands-On Examination), I received another perfect score when I successfully corrected the syntax error in a given source code. Off to lunch.

We ate at La Casita (Andrew). This time, I tried their speribs... I was amazed to see my food served almost immediately after I ordered them... We had a test in ALGTRIG (Algebra and Trigonometry) at 1 o'clock, and so we reviewed...

My day was ruined...

Jump to Friday, we were not sure if we would have PE classes...

Turned out to have none... We didn't prepare for our reporting today. We only have at hand our PowerPoint presentations, our background music, and our presence of mind.

"Bahala na..."

We started our report. Everything turned out much smoother than expected. We lacked time for games though, but everything went well...

Our professor was glad with our improvement, and she promised us a high grade.

Chavz recognized the music I used, two songs from Naruto Movie 2. I knew it. Yesterday, I accidentally browsed through his profile and saw this Naruto video in his site. Figures.

"Hay salamat, tapos na!"

No, it's not yet over yet...

On Tuesday (this coming Tuesday, Thursday, or the Tuesday after next week), we would have another presentation. This time, it was SCIENVB (Environmental Biology). I'm interested in how things would turn out...

I never thought college life would be so stressful. Yesterday (or a while ago), I slept at 3 in the morning and woke up at 9AM. This may be the reason why I feel weak today...

Till here. I better get some rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

COOL video!A true computer genius... :D I think all of us have the same feeling of our college lives. We are all expecting college to be fun,yet it came out the opposite way.Its even more stressfull and pressured than in high school. Because of college, I had the "opportunity" to sleep 2-3am every day and wake up 7am. Goodluck to you report!Congratz for you 100% ;) /no1
ROK ON! ^^

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home