Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jirachi

Jirachi

Our first class today involves going to the computer laboratory. It would be my first time to go there (this year) and I was so excited. I was really glad that my ID was already with me, and I swore never to forget to bring my ID to school again.

My mom drove me to La Salle because I was almost late for school. Initially, we were planning to pass by our store to get my USB (Universal Serial Bus) hub. Why? I had a trauma for USB ports.

I've said this before. My sleek USB flash dirk got burned to a crisp. It was my first and my favorite one. The horrible nightmare happened at Uno High School, when I plugged my thumb drive into the computer's USB port. Click here to read Friday Frenzy, my complete post.

Going back to my story, I arrived at the entrance of Gokongwei Building 2 minutes before time. I took out my ID and scanned it through La Salle's famous card reader. Beep beep beep beep beep (Actually, it sounded like *toot toot toot toot toot*)

"Left id?" The guard on duty asked.
"Yes." I replied, "yesterday."
"Punta ka sa South Gate. Pa-validate mo."

What?! This couldn't be happening.

This ID of mine had already ruined my whole day yesterday. Don't tell me it's back for more... vengeance...

What can I do? I had my mom bring me to South Gate and I told the person in charge that I want to validate my ID. He told me to go to the Registrar's Office.

"Saan yun?" I asked him.
"Doon sa picturan ng ID." he replied.

It's hard to imagine that I, who had already stayed in La Salle for a month, still do not know how to go about the campus. This is the reason why I prefer not going out alone, despite my type of person.

By the way, for those who think that they are starting to understand my true self, think again. I'm not that easy to decipher. *wink* It's just that I'm good at hiding my true identity. Having said all these, don't think badly of me. I'm a very kind and friendly person.

I rushed to the Registrar's office. Number 66. Currently, they were only serving Number 48. Oh no! How long would it take me?

The time ticked away fast. I was very worried. My teacer could call me up for recitation any time. If I were not present, it would mean a 0% for me.

Two days ago, I was happy when I found out that I got 80% in my recitation grade instead of 0%. Ironically, I was sad because if I got a 0%, I can eliminate that score by getting 5 100%, and I haven't even gotten one yet. Why wouldn't you call me, ma'am? The 80% mark I got cannot be wiped out, for it's a passing score that is considered to be 'high' for some people. For me, what's considered a high grade is any grade >= (greater than or equal to - my, some programming here) 94%. I'm aspiring for a grade of 4.0; I exert all my effort to surpass "him."

Soon, it was 10 o'clock. The number was still stagnant at 48. I was sweating buckets. I called up my mom. She was waiting for me outside McDonald's. I told her that I desperately wanted to attend my classes. I went back to the South Gate and pleaded with the person in charge to give me a temporary ID pass; I would validate my ID after my classes end. He had compassion on me and granted my wish.

My heart was crying when I finally arrived at G302 (Gokongwei Building Room 302). In my confusion, I wasn't able to remember much except that the ConsoleIn and the Computation classes that our professor uploaded to our e-groups brought in some errors to our java documents, so to speak...

After our classes were over, we crossed to La Salle (main) via Warp Zone. We (Bea, Dianne, Jamie, Lou, Raisa, Yna, and of course, me) had a hard time choosing between Kenny Rogers, Pizza Hut, Shakeys, and the Animo Canteen for our lunch destination. We ended up at Wendy's, where I ordered a Big Bacon Mushroom Melt Burger with large fries and iced tea that cost me 176.98 pesos. Most of my companions ordered a chicken meal, while the others ordered burgers like me. Munch! Chomp! We discussed about school and yearbooks, pictures to IDs, and alumni cards to togas. Thinkers!

We returned to South Gate. I asked for an entry permit and quickly proceeded to the Registrar's office. Of course, I had to part ways with my group, for they were headed towards a different direction. I hoped that there won't be many people in the office so that I wouldn't have to wait for that long. My wish came true. Within seconds, I got my ID validated. (Seriously, why did it take minutes to validate an ID a while ago when it only took me seconds?)

Having calculated the distance to Andrew Hall and the walking speed of my group, I figured out that they haven't gone far. True enough, they were surprised to see me walking ahead of them. Teleportation - if there was only such a thing.

Rejoice! My ID was fully functional again.
Never again would I forget to bring my ID. Never ever...

We had our ALGTRIG classes and the lesson was becoming much tougher than I thought. Our professor gave us a seatwork and it was pretty much challenging. It became our homework when half of the class wasn't even able to answer at least half of the equations given to us in his designated amount of time.

We had no SCIENVB classes; my friends (Dianne and Lou) invited me to join them to pass the time. I joined them and went down to the sixth floor. The lunchroom was damp and hot. We decided to go to La Casita at the Sports Complex instead.

Having a functional ID, I felt that it was so much easier to travel through Lasallian compounds. I'm thankful that I already had it validated.

Readers, especially Lasallians, don't forget to bring your IDs to school. You won't want to commit the mistake that I did.

I went to the bookstore and purchased a folder (for hidden purposes, you'll find out soon) and 10 test booklets (5 small, 5 large). Afterwards, I accompanied the two, watching them eat, copying their movements, and calling up Ate Pole. Seems like they are going to watch the movie Cars in Glorietta (or was it Greenbelt?). Enjoy!

I met with my groupmates (SCIENVB) and we discussed among ourselves how we would go about the experiment designed for transformative learning. Before our discussion ended, our PERSEF professor entered the room. Boy, time zooms!

We had such a great time. All the 6 of us in our team wore the correct color (Blue) and we were given 6 additional points for that. In our first game, Wordles (it's not Wordless), we got 5 out of fifteen questions...

(5 correct answers) times (3 points each) = 15 points

In our second game concerning etiquette, we garnered 8 out of 10 points. Only one team got a perfect score and was entitled to 5 additional points.

We were staggering at third place.

Our third game consisted of two rounds. Each group was to select five strong-hearted individuals to participate in the game.

The game was like this...

Clockwise. Team one will choose a representative and that person would choose who he/she wanted to 'kill' by choosing the numbers 1 to 5...

No, the rules are too complicated, so I'll just skip them.

We won the first round, garnering 10 points. On the second round, we were second with 8 points.

Overall, we ascended and became first place! Yeah! Go pink team.

Ha ha ha! Nobody was able to 'kill' me. Guess I was too sly for you people. Well, maybe I'm not. It depends how you look at me.

Our teacher had good and bad news for us. He started with the bad news...

Our class president, also our team captain (I believe), was going to leave us for good. He was going to transfer to a different university...

The good news is that he would enjoy his stay there, after all, it was his first choice.

When faced with such complicated situations, I don't know how to react. I feel sad deep inside, although my face doesn't show it. We are pilgrims on a journey. People come and people go. It's hard having someone leave our block...

If I should leave this lonely world behind
Your voice will still remember our melody
Now I know we'll carry on
Melodies of life
Come circle round and grow deep in our hearts
As long as we remember

Sigh, what can I say... I hope you have enjoyed your stay with S-15 (and if you didn't, I hope that during these last few days of your stay, we can make your stay in our block a memorable one) and I thank you for being a good friend. I wish you the best of luck in your journey in life. Don't let the fire go out; don't let your vision die!

I love this song. It can truly capture my innermost feelings as well as express my deepest thoughts...

So now, maybe you were wondering why I named my post like that. Well, in the anime world, Jirachi is a legendary Pokemon who awakens once every 1,000 years to grant wishes. If there was such a thing...

Science will remain as science, and nonscience, nonscience. Things that can be proven can be considered as scientific, but those that cannot, well, are just matters of faith...

I'm still going to do some other things.

My post ends here.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home