Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Troubles

Thursday Troubles

My pleasant sleep was ended when my mom forced me up.

"It's already 9:15, you're going to be late!" (in Fookien) she called out. In reality, it was only 8:30 in the morning.

I wanted to stay in my bed and continue my beauty sleep, but circumstances would not allow me. My mom really had a hard time waking me up though...

This I could not understand. When I sleep at home, it's hard to wake me up, but when I sleep outside (in any other area, especially without my parents' company), I wake people instead. Does this happen to you? Kindly share your experiences with me. Post a comment.

My mom drove me to the LRT station at UN Avenue. She then left. As I walked up the stairs, a security guard approached me and said something which I didn't understand because of background noise (noise pollution). I scurried down and called up my mom. She told me to go to another station. A guy met me there. "No train," he said.

What luck! I was almost late by that time. Eventually, my mom returned and drove me to Gokongwei Building. I was ten minutes early for my INTRPRG class.

I realized that the data types in Java are very much like those in C programming, except for some commands. We discussed the solution to the 'military time to 12-hour format' assignment. Our professor gave us another assignment. This time, to check for the digits in a given nNum and to make a palindrome (ex. 12321, 1001, 121) checker. Soon enough we were dismissed.

I went with with my usual group, Lou and Dianne, and we went to eat at Shakey's (for the second time). I tried to answer the assignments in INTRPRG. I managed to do the digit checker. The other one, I remember doing that before in C...

We ordered a High-Protein pizza to keep our brain packed with all those nutrients for our ALGTRIG examination the next period. We reviewed our notes, talked about anime, about student organizations, about our 'sadistic' math teachers; we even had an eating and drinking contest! Talk about fun!

We were able to ride at the elevator. Ding! I was surprised to see all chairs in our classroom facing the window. I learned that that was the usual chair orientation whenever we had to take an exam.

The moment I received my paper and quiz booklet. I was dumbfounded. The problems don't look that complicated (unlike Mr. Ang's), but there was a je ne sais quoi that made it seem difficult. I had to skip a lot of questions...

Eventually, many were done with the test. After submitting their papers to the professor, they simply left the room. I stayed and rechecked my paper. By then I could hear comments (from outside) like, "Ang hirap!" "Mali ako!" "Pamatay!" And many more...

I stayed until the last two minutes of the examination, then I submitted my paper. I figured out that I committed a mistake, but I may be mistaken... I hope I do get a high grade.

Before that though, our professor told us that EACH QUESTION IN OUR EXAM WAS WORTH 1000 POINTS! Whoa! I guess he wasn't lying after all. What's the big idea of multiplying 100 to each question?

Many wanted PERSEF classes to start. Unfortunately, we had to go through an hour of SCIENVB to boot.

PERSEF classes eliminated the sad looks on our faces. Our talented professor had many tricks in his sleeve, and it seems that he would not run out of them. We had games, and our team 6 was still leading the pack with 31 points! Hurrah for Team Pink!

After classes, I went home. I started doing this post. Halfway, I went to eat dinner.

As I had always said, I rarely watch television, but I had the fortune of doing so when I was eating a while ago. Animal Planet featured some two-headed turtles. Unrealistic! I never knew such a creature existed.

To end my post, I would want to say thank you to all of you who take time to visit my blog. God bless you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dropped by and... I like your blog!! :) Anyways, that's not the entire reason why i spend a few minutes here..on your "thrusday troubles" thing.. Well you see, just like you, i can't figure it out why, but i always end up unlucky during thursdays. Coincidence uh? Whatever it is... I just wish both of us LUCK!!! Have a nice day! >Treisha Tan 's15'<

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home