Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Affixed Agony

Affixed Agony

I never knew anything,
except for the fact that if he initiates the conversation,
my life would soon be over...


Foreword: Some parts of this post may be written in a way that is hard to understand for secrecy.

I couldn't sleep last night. I lay down at 4 in the morning after doing all my LSCS work but I just couldn't doze off. The promise God gave me couldn't be true, could it?

Signs. I needed a sign. I got one during my haircut session yesterday. The channel was switched to ABS-CBN, featuring Kapamilya Deal or No Deal. The contestant and her fluctuating faith...

Today is this term's D-Day. My feared subject this time is ANMATH1. All of us were scared. BISPROC comes first, though. Ms. Tangkeko hasn't finished checking our research papers yet. Others got a 0.0 in the activity. Oh no...

We went to get our SCIENVC/LBYENVC course cards but ATE wasn't there yet. We had no other recourse. ANMATH1 was next.

The entry of Dr. Diesto made us all petrified. With him were many failing course cards and desperately low quizzes. As the course cards were being handed out, I noticed that our professor sometimes talks to the students he hands over a course card to. Soon enough, I realized that every person he talks to got a 0.0 in his or her respective course.

I gazed at the blackboard. There were some writings which go like this...

"All forms of emotional outbursts... sent to the Discipline Office."
"All forms of love and kindness were included in the computing of your grades."

It was our class's turn. I felt more hopeless after seeing the low grades of my excelling blockmates. If they got such low grades, what about me, who performed drastically poorer than them in previous quizzes? Joy came to the front soon afterward. Next was my turn. I was in despair. My face was proof enough.

I wanted to sit down immediately after getting my course card and forget all about the day, but unfortunately, my professor had a dedication for me...

"Sayang ka. Ang baba ng mga quizzes mo."
"Oo nga e, sir..."

I sighed as I took a brief glance of my course card. My classmates pitied me when they saw a concave down curve painted on my face. I returned to my chair and sighed once again, still in deep sadness.

"Ilan ba nakuha mo?"

I showed them my course card. I got a 2.0.

"2 ka pala e. Candidate ka pa mag-DL."

Even so, the words of my professor kept reverbating inside my head...

"Sayang ka... Sayang ka... Sayang ka..."

I figured out that I had the potential to gain higher scores if only I had exerted a little more effort. It turned out, at the very end, that I got a 92% in my finals examination.

(Actually, this is no time for me to blog. I'll keep the next part as short as possible...)

SCIENVC - I will miss our professor. The last words he had for me were: "Meron rin akong damit na iyan a!" I got a 3.5 in both SCIENVC and LBYENVC.

Someone had to drive the other out.

BISPROC - We returned after getting our other three course cards. No comment. 3.5.

We went to eat lunch. The scary part was finally over.

All restaurants were flooding with people. We were left with an overcrowded Jollibee.

JAPALA1 - I got a perfect score in the finals exam. 4.0...

Before long, I was trying to compute if I would be able to reach the quota for first honors Dean's List or not...

(I'll skip the other subjects due to time constraint.)

It turned out at the very end that God kept His promise. This gift of His I would never forget. I was only hoping to pass ANMATH1 at the beginning. Praise be to Him!

I would also like to thank the following sponsors aka friends, relatives, et cetera who helped me exceedingly the time I needed help:

Rochelle Santos for the tutorial at her house.
Chester for the comprehensive lessons and exercises that he had for me.
Dianne Tiffany Chan for tutoring me at our store and lending me her notes.
James Andrew Lim for borrowing me his exam booklets.
James Sy for making me aware of the 10-point question before the exam.
My parents for their unconditional love and guidance.
And all other friends for moral support.

A big thanks to all! I'll be gone in a few days, but I'll try as much as possible to update my Multiply so check it out daily. I'll be back before you may even know it.

Ittekimasu!

PS. Did anyone notice that my blog titles are becoming negative in nature?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi.. uhm.. ask q lng.. baka may syllabus ka pa jan ng JAPALA1 nyu.. pwede po bang makahingi ng list ng topics na nakasulat dun..? Thanks :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

Sorry just read your comment after quite some time...

We didn't have a syllabus for JAPALA1...

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home