Melodies of Life: The Layers of Harmony

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark, for traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart. To weave by picking up the pieces that remain, melodies of life-love's lost refrain.

- Melodies of Life by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy IX

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binondo, Manila, Philippines

Want to know me better? Visit my blog on Friendster! http://splgum.blogs.friendster.com/melodies_of_life/

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Coincidencia: Destrucción de la Vida

Coincidencia:

Destrucción de la Vida

Coincidence: Destruction of Life

"Weird title! Walang relation sa post! Yada yada..."

This is my final "weird-titled" post. What's that have to do with my post? Read on, and find out later...

I was pretty excited to go to school this morning because I knew our INTRPRG Hands-On Examinations would be given to us later. I anticipated a grade of 100 in both hands-on exams, since I didn't discover any loopholes in my program.

Inside the classroom - names were called and the test papers were given one by one. When it was my turn to get my paper, I was surprised to see that I didn't get a perfect score (on one of my two hands-on exams). I was dumbfounded because a lot of people got higher scores than me in Hands-On Exam 2. (I only got a 95%.) Worse, I intentionally wrote that error statement.

You see, in Java programming, there are several data types which programmers can use. Two of the most commonly used data types are "int (integer)" and "double." "Int" refers to a whole number while double refers to any number with a decimal point. Since the Sample Runs' "amount" handed to us were integers, I followed the flow and used "int" instead of "double." (To all non-techies out there, sorry fro using computer jargons.) My decision affected another part of my program.

As our SCIENVB professor had said, wrong decisions can lead to great consequences.

With a heavy heart, I was forced to accept the sad reality that past decisions cannot be revised. After INTRPRG classes were over, I showed my Machine Project to our professor to confirm some things that I was confused about.

I went with Joy to the complab (computer laboratory) and I gave her some pointers on how to use frames and subclasses.

After the lesson, I joined my friends at La Casita and ordered sisig with egg for lunch (6th time). After eating, Yna reluctantly accompanied me to the Student's Nook to take our LSCS Membership IDs (and order some LSCS shirts).

I propesized to my blockmates the good news of having an LSCS membership card - get freebies and special previleges at McDonald's Taft. All right! Every time you order a meal - just show your LSCS card, and you automatically get either an upsize, a sundae, or extra rice for free!

My happy-go-luckiness was cut short when a horrendous incident occured. I prefer not mentioning this one, but I'll do so.

It is theoretically insane for a person to write anything (with chalk) on the blackboard when there isn't a teacher in the classroom.

Well now, I was called by a discipline officer named Ms. Kat. She told me that I was violating school rules...

Writing on the board is a misdemeanor? Outrageous!

I told her that I never knew anything concerning writing on the chalkboard before, so I explained...

To cut the long story short, she told me to go to the Discipline Office in SJ (St. Joseph) Hall during my spare time...

My bad day turned to be an absolute worst!

I was really very unnerved. For a period of classes I couldn't even manage to smile. Tears shed out a bit. All my hard work... would they all be futile?

I tried my best to get good scroes in all my subjects (particularly INTRPRG). I was trying my best to get higher grades than some of my classmates, and "him." I slept at 3 AM for almost a week just to do my Machine Project and look what happens...

It hurt me a lot. Many blockmates reassured me that nothing bad would happen - all is but normal. They wondered if I had never been sent to the office during my elementary and high school life...

From what I currently know, those with offenses, either major or minor, cannot attain a cum laude or higher...

My blockmates told me not to worry because 'it' would be considered a warning and not an offense; Carlos invited me to play DotA with him tomorrow at Portal to forget about these things. I wonder...

If I am forgiven, never would you ever see me approaching that blackboard again. Before, I really enjoyed cleaning up the board; now, I avoid it.

What if 'it' was considered an offense?

Sigh, and I was hoping that this course would lead me to the job of my dreams...

Too many things have happened, and I can't remember all of them.

After PERSEF classes, I decided to go to the Disciplie Office and clear things out. Upon my arrival, another discipline officer talked to me and told me that Ms. Kat went home already. He told me to come back tomorrow...

At this point of time I thought of disregarding all my thoughts regarding being one of the Dean's Listers and just settle for a passing score. Maybe I'll just transfer to another university...

Circumstances prevented me from doing so. Upon my arrival at GUM & MUG, my cousin and a friend of hers was there. When I told my mom what happened during the day, my cousin's friend overheard the conversation and volunteered her services. She (or she had a friend) who could get me out of the mess I'm stuck in...

When I was talking to Shirlina over the Internet, she told me that this plan of mine is not adviceable (just ask her why). I told her that everything would be revealed tomorrow...

Just when I was about to give up hope, this berse suddenly came to me:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28



It's like God is telling me, “Everything will work out in the end. Rest assured!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home